Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Told You Nick Johnson Doesnt Deserve Work!i

Nick Johnson is a joke. He is always injured and the Yankees knew this when they signed him. Damon is playing everyday and so is Matsui. Nick Johnson is sitting on his rear somewhere collecting, while Matsui and Damon are out there earning their money. Nick may be making less but he isn't doing anything at all so its essentially a waste, something like Carl Pavano. Do not sound like Cashman made the right move.

Have you seen what Matsui has been doing in LA? He has what five home runs with an average just over the Mendoza Line, and now has been dropped down in the order. The worst move the Yanks made in recent years was opting to let Abreu go and sign for nothing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NeonStatus View Post
    Nick Johnson is a joke. He is always injured and the Yankees knew this when they signed him. Damon is playing everyday and so is Matsui. Nick Johnson is sitting on his rear somewhere collecting, while Matsui and Damon are out there earning their money. Nick may be making less but he isn't doing anything at all so its essentially a waste, something like Carl Pavano. Do not sound like Cashman made the right move.
    when does cashman make the right move? yes he threw money at cc and tex and they came hear but any gm in baseball could have done that with a checkbook that size and what kind of player evaluation did it take? they were both major stars. the granderson trade, the winn and johnson signings, the vasquez and the chan ho park signing all look like train wrecks. this adds to acquiring pavano, kevin brown and jaret wright in the past among other great moves.