Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Game Used Purchase You Most Regret?

I was "caught up" in the '09 Yankee WS that I just wanted someone from the NYY game used jersey. MLB Auctions had some and I ended up with the Phil Coke game worn jersey from the WS.
    Looking back, eh, I'm really not interested anymore and definitely regret buying it just because I only like Jeter, but I was all into the NYY winning the WS and just wanted one...

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Good to hear you sold the bat, I would have been shocked if someone did not buy it it is Mauer after all.
    I think sometimes you just need the right exposure to the right audience.

I've learned that many are just looking for a deal. If you can't sell a Mauer bat, for example, for $900 when you have $1200 invested, then someone isn't interested. Either that or Jesus Christ himself was to be photographed in the background on an exact photomatch, etc etc.

I guarantee the buyer will be tickled pink to receive this bat. I just got in the middle of some family obligations and that has to come first before game used. My thanks to those that have helped me out; Ben and Big Bill. You've both kept me from the electric chair where wife was about to throw switch!
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

mine would be the justin smoak first hit first home run bat i picked up last month. For some reason when my team trades a player i have no interest in them anymore. I guess ill put it in the closet and hope he has a good career.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    mine would be the justin smoak first hit first home run bat i picked up last month. For some reason when my team trades a player i have no interest in them anymore. I guess ill put it in the closet and hope he has a good career.
    look at it this way if he has a hof career that bat will make you alot of money. players switch teams but at least he also brought your team one of the best pitchers in the game.

heres mine, earlier this year curtis granderson was traded to my yanks. Ill just say i was a huge fan of his even before this trade. Needless to say picked up a 2007 gu bat signed with 20-20-20-20 inscription. It cost me around $300. I think the bat is worth $200 so its not a huge hit but i dont like to think that i could never get my $ back for something i buy if ever the sh*t hits the fan.

yep thats why the bat is going in the closet
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

It bothers me when I purchase any Det. Lion jersey or equipment I can't auhenticate. A few years back I bought a pair of Nike Barry Sanders game worn Nike shoes for I think $700 cash plus a couple insignificant trade items off ebay. I had checked the tag with Nike and was assured they were not issued to the Public. I checked other ebay auctions and they seemed one of a kind and did exactly match game film/dvd as far as I could tell. Thry had very unusual soles.
    I received them and about 2 weeks later they started popping up all over the place on ebay with similar looking tages. As it is virtually impossible to exactly match shoes up from film or pics, I had no way of knowing if he wore these or not. Later I was to aquire a pair of Barry Game worn turf clete type shoes with a notarized letter from a teamate. I believe these to be real('98 vs TB) and his shoe size was VERY small. Needless to say I dumped the Nikes for what I could get.

My biggest regret is not having the knowledge that I have no where to display things. But I think that goes for a lot of us. Biggest regret item is purchasing the home bullpen pitchers' mound from Yankee Stadium. It's from the last game I attended at Yankee Stadium and got it and 1st base for a very good price from Steiner. However, I now have a 20 pound pitchers mound sitting in a closet doing nothing. High hopes of having Rivera sign it one day, but that could be a while.

Biggest memorabilia purchase regret non game used hands down is my 300th win Roger Clemens baseball.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Quote Originally Posted by cliffjmp33 View Post
    My biggest regret is not having the knowledge that I have no where to display things. But I think that goes for a lot of us. Biggest regret item is purchasing the home bullpen pitchers' mound from Yankee Stadium. It's from the last game I attended at Yankee Stadium and got it and 1st base for a very good price from Steiner. However, I now have a 20 pound pitchers mound sitting in a closet doing nothing. High hopes of having Rivera sign it one day, but that could be a while.

Biggest memorabilia purchase regret non game used hands down is my 300th win Roger Clemens baseball.

- BINGO! I also have no where to display things, and I find myself rotating stuff all the time. Its getting to the point where its starting to look cluttered and not neat...

- Biggest regret would be the Big Unit's GU road pants from '06. I bought them because I thought it would be cool to own a 6'10 soon to be HOF'er's pants. Now when people go into my man cave to view my collection they always get a kick out of these ABNORMALLY huge pants hanging on the wall.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cliffjmp33 View Post

I feel you on this one. Storage is a big reason I am selling alot of my personal collection and consolidating it into a few items. Right now my home is overrun with bats, jerseys and autographed items. People come over and they are like wow why are there boxes with basketballs piled up to the ceiling?