Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Game Used Purchase You Most Regret?

I bought a Forbes Field turnstile for my father for his birthday/christmas/father's day gift for the next ten years gift, from an auction. It came with no authentication like it said it would. I can't find anyone that can authenticate it, verify it, letalone say that they ever saw one. I had one guy tell me that he owned one and restored it, but he disappeared off the face of the planet. It's big, heavy, and ugly and it is taking up space in my family's warehouse. As much as I love it and want to restore it, I kind of regret buying it. I think a Clemente signed ball would have been just as cool of a gift for my dad. Any takers? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    yep thats why the bat is going in the closet
    Let me know if it ever goes on the trading block! I'm a Rangers fan as well, but I still root for Smoak (just the player ... and definitely not the M's ).

Like you, I've got three Smoak bats sitting in my collection at the moment. No reason not to display an awesome bat from a potential superstar.

I was looking in the closet today and saw the smoak bat. Made me thankful we got cliff lee. I hope he has a good career.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Would not say it is a complete regret as it is one of my favorite game used items, but the price I paid on my Ken Griffey Jr game used fielding glove still trumps everything in my collection and leaves a little thought of regret when I think about the price tag.

Other then that, little uncertain about all of my autograph baseballs and photos I have collected over the years. Most were gathered in person, but as interest changes so dose the importance of autograph items.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.