Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Game Used Purchase You Most Regret?

What purchase or purchases do you most regret? For me, it is my game used base from the last regular season game in the Astrodome. I paid $750 for this third base from this historic game. It might seem a good price for a base until you realize they changed out bases every half inning. That means there are 28 bases out there, 36 if they changed out home plate every half inning as well. Mine is 3rd base from the bottom of the 7th. Right now I don't even have it on display. I have no place to display it right now so it is stuck in my closet. I know I could not get $750 on Ebay right now if I tried to sell it. Hopefully one day I can find a place to display it.

Re: Game Used Purchase You Most Regret?

Wow, $750! I paid $200 for mine from a game last year. I guess they knew since it was the last game at the Dome they would jack up the price. I think that is a bit much. So far I do not have a game used item I regret yet since I don't have many. I have bought some autos in the past thought that I thought were real then found out they weren't. That made me mad. Luckily, I only lost like $150 total something like that.

Banned

Oh boy this is a great question. Let's see I will start with my $2,500 Marvin Harrison jersey that despite a Mears A10 rating and a JO COA appears to show no wear. It seems that everyone based their approval on a gu inscription linking the jersey to a specific game. Another is my Alge Crumpler jersey it cost me $500 bucks with taxes and shipping from NFL auctions and I cannot sell it at $300 bucks. I turned down an offer of $425 out of stupidity a few months ago.

I have a few Juan Gonzalez game used bats gathering some dust in my closet that hindsight tells me I should've avoided. Perhaps he'll make another comeback someday!

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

I have other financial obligations right now and should not have committed to buy a Joe Mauer bat. I did, and now cannot move it. Signed 2006 and apparently the world has one just like it !!!!!
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    I have other financial obligations right now and should not have committed to buy a Joe Mauer bat. I did, and now cannot move it. Signed 2006 and apparently the world has one just like it !!!!!
    You have a nice bat and Mauer is a great player you'll find a buyer don't worry.

I bought a Koby Clemens HWB jersey direct from the league when they started to move their jerseys. I originally had planned to have a father/son side to my collection with a Koby and a Roger amongst others. As my collecting habits changed and that project idea abandoned, that jersey though nice and was used in the championship game...just didn't fit. Along comes a Koby collector and now it is in a new collection being appreciated by a fan! Basically broke even on the deal, but was happy to at least recoup my money from that purchase.

wade

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    You have a nice bat and Mauer is a great player you'll find a buyer don't worry.
    Ditto, I'm surprised that you can't at least sell it for close to what you got on ebay. Do you mind me asking what you paid for it?
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Sorry a little unclear, the question was directed at skyking.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

What I was to believe was a Robinson Cano Game Used Glove, which I purchased from a GUU member.

After intense research, only to find out that the glove was stolen from Cano's locker, and used by another player in the Dominican Republic, then found it's way back stateside and sold by SGC Gaynor Auctions. After contacting SGC Gaynor Auctions, got nothing but a negative attitude and response. However, they did admit later that the glove did come from overseas.

Sent the glove to Steiner for Cano to look at , and he wouldn't authentic it, as it was stolen from his locker.

Guess if it was stolen from is locker, you can assume he did use it at some point.

It was the most disappointing purchase I ever made.

Regards, Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~