Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

1996 Tino Martinez GU Signed ALCS Bat

I'm not really a Bat Guy (just a Dabbler), but was curious what I could sell a 1996 Tino Martinez GU Signed ALCS Bat for? I don't mean this to be a classified, I just have no idea of Market Value and do not know where to look?

Re: 1996 Tino Martinez GU Signed ALCS Bat

well, since yankees collectors do pay quality money, you can start with common sense.

1. PICTURES would help

2. The use of the bat

3. Where is the bat from

4. Have you tried photomatching it

I purchased it last year in an auction and it came with a Yankees Certificate of Authenticity. I have not tried to photomatch it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned

Jeff, what do you mean by Yankees-COA? Do you mean Yankees-Steiner? I would say you could probably get 3 grand for it, possibly more. Because 1. Tino was a star caliber player who was very popular with the fans, 2. It was the Yanks first WS win in many years and predated when alot of people thought they "bought" the WS 3. You don't see much GU stuff from that year, especially from the playoffs and there are alot of high roller Yankee fans and right now baseball season is starting to heat up. But as someone else said you should defintely try to photomatch it. It is an awesome bat.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Jeff, what do you mean by Yankees-COA? Do you mean Yankees-Steiner? I would say you could probably get 3 grand for it, possibly more. Because 1. Tino was a star caliber player who was very popular with the fans, 2. It was the Yanks first WS win in many years and predated when alot of people thought they "bought" the WS 3. You don't see much GU stuff from that year, especially from the playoffs and there are alot of high roller Yankee fans and right now baseball season is starting to heat up. But as someone else said you should defintely try to photomatch it. It is an awesome bat.
    There is no way you get $3k for this bat. It would be more like about $700-800.

This is the one from the Heritage Auction, right?

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post

Correct! Thank you!!!! Sheesh!

Banned

for a playoff used bat by a star yankee with solid proof during one of the most memorable championship runs in baseball history? that would be the steal of the century ill take 20 at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    for a playoff used bat by a star yankee with solid proof during one of the most memorable championship runs in baseball history? that would be the steal of the century ill take 20 at that price.
    Then you should make him that offer and see if he accepts

I collect Yankee bats and and would say, IMHO, that price point is about right. The sale price is only going to be what the market bears at this particular time.
    And for $3k? There are many other better ways to spend those dollars on a GU bat

Banned

Then you should make him that offer and see if he accepts

I collect Yankee bats and and would say, IMHO, that price point is about right. The sale price is only going to be what the market bears at this particular time.
    And for $3k? There are many other better ways to spend those dollars on a GU bat
    The rarity of the item will drive the price up maybe not to 3k but certainly well above the range you gave. How many 1996 playoff bats used by star yankees with solid proof have you seen? There are not many out there. The range you gave is less than some people including steiner have tried to sell a regular season bat from less important years for. would i pay 1,000s for this bat? no but i think deep pocketed avid yankee fans looking for a piece of that playoff run would get into a bidding war over it.