Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

photo match opinions on a Yankees jersey.

I was very happy to see this jersey arrive today, as many of you know I'm a big Tino Martinez fan and am hoping to start my collection now. I purchased this from Steiner Sports and it was MLB Authenticated LH872831 as Spring Training Team Issued jersey.

I was looking at some photos from Yankees Spring training and came across this one with Tino coming out of the dugout and waving to the crowd. Call me crazy but I kind of felt this jersey matches the one he is wearing in this photo even though it is registered as team issued, and just wanted your views if this might be the case. thanks.

Re: photo match opinions on a Yankees jersey.

looks like a match as the NY lines up with the pinstripes. I think it is quite common for the MLB shirts to be called game issued but be game used. There are quite a few posts on here that talk about this very issue. From the pics it appears you have a match though.

Looks good from what I can see.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

thank you all for the feedback, I tried searching for more photos and didn't come across any. seeing that there are cameras behind him, I am assuming there is some footage from this game, possibly showing the back of his jersey. does anyone happen to have a copy or can direct me to highlights from this game, March 3 2010 Pirates vs. Yankees? any help is greatly appreciated!

due to copyright, YES will not sell copies of Yankees games to the general public.

It's not perfect, but you can still spot out pinstripes to match up. Good luck!

This is the problem with MLB authentication. The Cardinals started doing that with their jerseys this year and the two spring training jerseys I have bought are both listed as "team issued" even though I've photomatched both of them. Unless the person that authenticates the jerseys directly observes the player wearing it, they have to authenticate it as team issued.

great thank you kylehess10! I'll take a look at the back when I get home from classes tonight. I just called YES Network and they said they don't sell games because the Yankees copyright them and to check mlbtv, is this where you got the screen shot from?

that's interesting to bring up jscott0688, I sent an e-mail to MLB Authenticated to see if they could clarify this but they're away until June 1. if this is a photo match Tino jersey, does it void the Steiner LOA and MLB Authenticated hologram since both say the jersey is team issued?

Regardless of if it was worn or not, the jersey was still "issued" to Martinez so the Steiner LOA and MLB authentication are correct. They are just being as safe as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees24 View Post
    great thank you kylehess10! I'll take a look at the back when I get home from classes tonight. I just called YES Network and they said they don't sell games because the Yankees copyright them and to check mlbtv, is this where you got the screen shot from?

Yup....it came from MLB.tv

There were only 2 games from that day that were available on MLB.tv, and luckily the Yankees were one of them