Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

When did the Cubs sign with Steiner???

I always thought the Cubs saved their game used stuff for Cubs Convention. I never went, but I always enjoyed getting stuff off ebay in the following weeks. I wonder how much stuff will go to Steiner and how much will be held back for the convention, if any.

http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/con...tnerships-home
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Re: When did the Cubs sign with Steiner???

Quote Originally Posted by 5kRunner View Post
    I always thought the Cubs saved their game used stuff for Cubs Convention. I never went, but I always enjoyed getting stuff off ebay in the following weeks. I wonder how much stuff will go to Steiner and how much will be held back for the convention, if any.

http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/con...tnerships-home
    WOW Those prices are crazy and Im sure you will never ever see half of that stuff sell.
    Cubs items are soooo hard to sell now and it will only get harder to sell if they keep losing.
    But it looks like they just signed because all the items are from 2010.

Banned

They signed at the start of the year Mr. Reyes (member/Steiner rep) announced it in another post on here. I agree that Cubs stuff must be tough to sell, more than anything though it is because they lack major stars for such a big market team. Is Soriano a star anymore? Zambrano was pitching so bad he was sent to the pen at one point. Fukudome resembles Shinjo. And Aramis Ramirez and Lee are solid players but not near the top players at their respective positions. Obviously the losing hurts also as Edgar pointed out. The prices though look surprisingly good for Steiner when compared to their Yanks, Sox and Cowboys stuff but then again it is hard to see demand anywhere near what it is for that other stuff. They have alot of Alan Trammell coach-worn stuff at pretty good prices though and watching him back in the day he was always a hofer in my book so it looks like a good buying opportunity for trammell fans.

I must have missed the announcement.

Some prices are crazy. Like $2500 for the opening day Fukudome. Not sure it would sell for half that. Other are definitely more reasonable. I've all ready got my eye on a few things.

I wonder how much stuff will be at Cubs Convention next year.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do you have $1,400 for an experience of a lifetime?

http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/con...=CUBSEVE081510
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I heard rumors about this months ago, and was praying it would not happen. Unfortunately it did. The prices are just plain CRAZY. I mean a D. Lee road jersey for $1,250??? I mean I did not see one D. Lee jersey break $400 at the Cubs convention this January and that goes the same for Aramis ramirez. Well it is a 3 year deal with Stiener, so I guess I wont be buying anything cubs game used from current players for a while. I guess that could be a good thing will use the 6K (or so) a year I allocate to game used memorabilia and try to find some more vintage pieces.

Banned

What are they selling common and team issued jerseys for? I sell most on eBay for $90-$100 and some sell and some sit. I can't imagine what they are asking for those but maybe it will help my sales down the road?

I'm sure this Steiner deal happened due to the new ownership of The Cubs.

Banned

I know, me personally, I'd rather over spend on a Steiner item with a Cubs/Steiner or other team LOA than something on ebay with an "impeccable source" type deal. Whatever impeccable source means.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    I know, me personally, I'd rather over spend on a Steiner item with a Cubs/Steiner or other team LOA than something on ebay with an "impeccable source" type deal. Whatever impeccable source means.
    Until this year, most of us bought items from The Cubs at their yearly convention in bulk without COAs. I don't think anyone is faking Paul Bako team issued jerseys so I would rather see a customer buy an item like this for $100.00 than pay Steiner for the same exact jersey.

If The Chicago Cubs themselves are not an impeccable source, I have no clue who is. No one was getting back door game used Cubs jerseys the past few years execpt from the players directly and those were far and few between.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    Why would you over spend to feed the greed of Steiner with so much Cub stuff on Ebay right now with L.O.A from the Cubs sitting there for weeks with out a single bid at 1/4 of the price Steiner wants for there jerseys.
    I just hope the White Sox never ever follow the same route that the Cubs just did.
    I would hate to pay an extra $1000 for a stupid sticker that cant even be looked up.