Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
Garko is now in the minors trying to "find himself." Garko is not even close though if you look at the big picture in all of baseball. I can name tons of players that come before him on disappoinment levels (Oliver Perez, John Maine, Trevor Hoffman, Jeff Clement, Carlos Quentin, Hideki Matsui, Nick Johnson, Brian Bruney, Aki Iwamura, and it goes on and on and on).

I see, so guys who are still in the majors or injured are bigger disappointments to you than a guy who was touted by many to be this great power hitting sensation who was going to level right-handed pitchers to their knees, but stinks so badly he has been "demoted" to the minors to "find himself"?

Most of the guys you mention were never touted as becoming star players, or are in the twilight of their careers...and Hoffman? Dude, he has more career saves than...ANYONE. He is the MLB save record holder. Yeah, he's done, but c'mon, I'm talking about a player who is supposed to be in his prime, not a HOF'er in the golden years of his profession trying to pad his stats.

Garko is turning out to be the "Ryan Leaf" of MLB. But that's just how I see it.