Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Your vote for biggest disappointment of the season...

My vote goes to Ryan Garko.

3 for 23

.130 batting average.

3 RBI

No home runs. Nada. Zero.

Yeah, the Giants knew what they were doing dumping this slouch. He's dead weight.

Re: Your vote for biggest disappointment of the season...

Garko is now in the minors trying to "find himself." Garko is not even close though if you look at the big picture in all of baseball. I can name tons of players that come before him on disappoinment levels (Oliver Perez, John Maine, Trevor Hoffman, Jeff Clement, Carlos Quentin, Hideki Matsui, Nick Johnson, Brian Bruney, Aki Iwamura, and it goes on and on and on).

Oh! How could I forget Javier Vazquez, Melky Cabrera, Yunel Escobar, Nate McCLouth, and Chris Coghlan?

George Kenneth Griffey Junior........ He was supposed to be hitting .320 with 23 HR's right now!! Ok, ok, I was hoping he would be around .260 with 8 or 9 homers right now. He is really, really done......
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net
    Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Banned

It is still early a few short weeks ago people were calling for the Sox to release Ortiz enmasse now he has made those people look dumb. Alot of the people mentioned are not stars or so I wouldn't say they are disappointments. Did anyone really think that Jeff Clement, Ryan Gargo or Nick Johnson would have a .300 ba, 10 hrs and 35 rbis or something right now? Or that Chris Cologhan despite his ROY award was a star in the making? The guy has resembled the Berroa who won ROY over Matsui that time and Bobby Crosby from the start. And Griffey and Hoffman are over 40 noone can play forever. Oliver Perez has stunk for years. Vasquez has looked decent lately. So I think this question cannot be answered until at least the allstar break.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Oh! How could I forget Javier Vazquez, Melky Cabrera, Yunel Escobar, Nate McCLouth, and Chris Coghlan?
    What about Lastings Durell Milledge?

I would be inclined to agree with Milledge, but he's starting to heat up now and batting near .260 when he was batting .220 for the greater part of the season. He's lack of power is a big concern, and his job is on the line with Tabata's arrival soon. He's either going to take Milledge's or Jones' spot in the outfield. If it is Milledge then you can bet that his career is just about done, but with the way Clement is playing it looks like Jones will slide to first and Tabata will play RF. And as to Clement's expectations, they were very high and believed that he would have lots of power and a decent batting average. That has not been the case for the former first rounder.

And about Perez, you can't stink for years when you win 15 games in a season twice. He will be fixed, but by the Mets? Probably not, and they have to deal with that.

Anyone not named Prado or Heyward in an Atlanta jersey from the end of Spring Training until May 10th.. I mean I love the fact they woke up in the last 3 weeks but this team was so terrible initially, they were thinking of renaming the team The Atlanta Prados. Other than the Say Heyward Kid, Martin was the entire offense, defense, pinch hitting and pinch running for the team. It was so bad, i was waiting for him to start one game then come in for relief 2 days later all before closing games the next week. I'd love to see him make the All Star Game this year, he has to be one of the best 2bs in the NL.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Garko is now in the minors trying to "find himself." Garko is not even close though if you look at the big picture in all of baseball. I can name tons of players that come before him on disappoinment levels (Oliver Perez, John Maine, Trevor Hoffman, Jeff Clement, Carlos Quentin, Hideki Matsui, Nick Johnson, Brian Bruney, Aki Iwamura, and it goes on and on and on).

I see, so guys who are still in the majors or injured are bigger disappointments to you than a guy who was touted by many to be this great power hitting sensation who was going to level right-handed pitchers to their knees, but stinks so badly he has been "demoted" to the minors to "find himself"?

Most of the guys you mention were never touted as becoming star players, or are in the twilight of their careers...and Hoffman? Dude, he has more career saves than...ANYONE. He is the MLB save record holder. Yeah, he's done, but c'mon, I'm talking about a player who is supposed to be in his prime, not a HOF'er in the golden years of his profession trying to pad his stats.

Garko is turning out to be the "Ryan Leaf" of MLB. But that's just how I see it.