Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Who are you most pleased by so far in the 2010 MLB season

Miguel Cabrera is putting up Pujols numbers this year.

Go Miggy!!

Some guys I didn't see mentioned from a couple teams I try and follow... maybe more Comeback Player type guys:

Jose Contreras - has given up next to nothing during a time when Lidge and Madson have been on the DL

Alex Rios - has put up fantastic all-around #'s and carried the Sox single-handedly on a few occasions

Elvis Andrus - seems to be coming along even quicker than expected, no?

Also worth mentioning Phil Hughes

Ben

I am happy about the season hamilton is starting to put together. I am also really surprised by vlad and colby lewis. I thought they were both washed up and they have proven me wrong.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

As usual, the Rockies get overlooked - even in a discussion like this - where their ace - Ubaldo Jimenez is lighting it up...

Ubaldo Jimenez is tops in the big leagues for wins (12), ERA (1.16), opponents' batting average (.180) and hits per nine innings (5.50).

He may not have the Ks and he may not play for a 'sexy' East Coast or West Coast team, but he is getting it done this year in the Mile High City and on the road.

He's also in the MLB Leaders for hits, runs and WHIP.

So here's a Mile High tip of my cap to 'Baldo.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    As usual, the Rockies get overlooked - even in a discussion like this - where their ace - Ubaldo Jimenez is lighting it up...

Ubaldo Jimenez is tops in the big leagues for wins (12), ERA (1.16), opponents' batting average (.180) and hits per nine innings (5.50).

He may not have the Ks and he may not play for a 'sexy' East Coast or West Coast team, but he is getting it done this year in the Mile High City and on the road.

Not even mentioning Carlos Gonzalez. The guy is doing a lot for the team at the plate power, average, and speed

I would have to ad Josh Hamilton now. After a slow start he is hitting more like 08, over .300 with 15 home runs (and replay, which the umpire refused to use although it was available for home run questions, cost him one so he should have 16). Obviouly the Rangers park is good one to hit in, but I don't hear much talk about Boston hitters getting an advantage at Fenway or left handed Yankee hitters at Yankee stadium. While a park obviously has an advantage you have to be able to hit to average .300 in the majors no matter what park you play in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    I would have to ad Josh Hamilton now. After a slow start he is hitting more like 08, over .300 with 15 home runs (and replay, which the umpire refused to use although it was available for home run questions, cost him one so he should have 16). Obviouly the Rangers park is good one to hit in, but I don't hear much talk about Boston hitters getting an advantage at Fenway or left handed Yankee hitters at Yankee stadium. While a park obviously has an advantage you have to be able to hit to average .300 in the majors no matter what park you play in.
    Agreed. Look at Ryan Howard he just got a mega contract even more amazing considering he is almost 31, is probably universally regarded as baseball's top power hitter not named Pujols. He plays half his games in a bandbox and normally does not hit anywhere near .300. The other Philles are the same way Ibanez last year and Werth morphed into big time power guys upon arriving in Philly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post

At the end of the year he will get his credit in the form of a Cy Young what he is doing is amazing considering he plays in Coors and like Grienke's start last year he will win unless he suffers a major injury that costs him a month or he totally falls apart.

jamie garcia for the cardinals