Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Who are you most pleased by so far in the 2010 MLB season

From the Nationals, has to be Matt Capps as the top closer in the MLB and Josh Willingham with the bat and honorable mention to Pudge Rodriguez.

Ian Desmond is showing that he possibly could be in the top 5 for Rookie of the Year.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    From the Nationals, has to be Matt Capps as the top closer in the MLB and Josh Willingham with the bat and honorable mention to Pudge Rodriguez.

Ian Desmond is showing that he possibly could be in the top 5 for Rookie of the Year.
    I know you guys need a first baseman, but the way Willingham is playing...he giving the Nats some strong reasons not to pay Dunn top $$.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Desmond is having a nice season, but with the NL class of ROY candidates, he doesn't have a chance. It's really up to Heyward, Garcia, Leake, Freese, Castro, and maybe down the line Strasburg, Posey, or Alvarez. Guys that are having nice rookie seasons, but really don't have a chance are Desmond, Davis, and Heisey.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Desmond is having a nice season, but with the NL class of ROY candidates, he doesn't have a chance.
    I believe Mr. Lang said "top 5". I don't think he said "winner", or "lock", or anything like that.

But thank you for your expertise on the rookie scene.

I never said these were LOCKS, I said candidates which I believe top 5 would make someone a candidate right? Maybe, I'm off my rocker to think that, I don't know. Your sarcasm, as always is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoozer View Post
    I believe Mr. Lang said "top 5". I don't think he said "winner", or "lock", or anything like that.
    Thanks for correctly reading what I wrote. Ian Desmond is showing that he possibly could be in the top 5 for Rookie of the Year.

The season is only about 1/3 over so there is a lot of baseball to be played and many Rookies still set to debut.

So with his list: Heyward, Garcia, Leake, Freese, Castro are on his current list, I certainly see the Possibility of Demond being among some of those names on my list.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500