How about the Blue Jays leading the league with over 100 home runs

Re: Who are you most pleased by so far in the 2010 MLB season

Scott Rolen
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    Scott Rolen
    Were you watching the game last night? Hunter Wendelstedt made some just unbelievable calls last night. One blown call at home and another huge called 3rd strike that was almost in the dirt. Fox Trax had the ball WAY BELOW the strike zone. The ball was nowhere near the strike zone.

Rolen has been tossed from 3 games his ENTIRE career....and Hunter tossed him last night.

Maybe I'm wrong..but Hunter had an axe to grind against the Red's last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    Not even mentioning Carlos Gonzalez. The guy is doing a lot for the team at the plate power, average, and speed
    Agreed - CarGo is another not getting his due...

'Baldo - now 13-1 with a 1.13 era...

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    As usual, the Rockies get overlooked - even in a discussion like this - where their ace - Ubaldo Jimenez is lighting it up...

Ubaldo Jimenez is tops in the big leagues for wins (12), ERA (1.16), opponents' batting average (.180) and hits per nine innings (5.50).

He may not have the Ks and he may not play for a 'sexy' East Coast or West Coast team, but he is getting it done this year in the Mile High City and on the road.

He's also in the MLB Leaders for hits, runs and WHIP.

So here's a Mile High tip of my cap to 'Baldo.
    I don't think they are necessarily getting overlooked.....its just that the title said who are we most pleased by...if they are not a member of my favorite team it would be hard to be pleased with someone who is likely striking out my favorite team's players. If the question was who is the best so far or who is off to the best start it would be a damn shame if he wasn't one of the first mentioned thats for sure.

Robinson Cano, if he keeps it up he may win the batting title and maybe MVP.

Because the Royals, against my counsel, dumped him for 36 yo slap hitter Jason Kendall... I am glad to see Miguel Olivo leading the NL catchers in SLUG, and leading or among the leaders in RBI, HR, AVG, OBP, Runs, and runners caught stealing.

Incidentally, another catcher the Royals non-tendered was John Buck who is leading all ML catchers with 12 HRs. And Buck leads all catchers with 38 RBI. Buck is 2nd and Olivo 3rd in all of Major League Baseball for slugging percentage at catcher with at least 100 ABs.

Kendall meanwhile is only throwing out just 23% of base stealers (Olivo is like 54% caught), Kendall has committed 8 errors vs Olivo's 3 and Buck's 1, and Kendall is slugging just .315.

So I am very pleased by Buck and especially Olivo proving me right over the Royals brain-trust.

Only 2 categories I can find in which Kendall leads Buck and Olivo... Games Played and Salary!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell