X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob L
    • Nov 2005

Re: Latest Stars and Stripes Caps

Originally posted by grenda12
    I was wanting to get one but I couldnt see spending $150 on a hat.
    They were a bit pricey but it goes to a good cause (granted, I have no clue how much goes to the Welcome Back Veterans Fund).
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• halofan

I got the Kendry Morales and Brandon Wood caps
      Attached Files

Comment

• legaleagle92481
        Banned
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Rob L
        They were a bit pricey but it goes to a good cause (granted, I have no clue how much goes to the Welcome Back Veterans Fund).
        I believe 90% does the rest goes to their administrative costs.

Comment

• Rob L
          • Nov 2005

Thanks to Kyle Hess and Billy C for the screenshots of Figgins from the 9-11-2009 game. Loose threads on the back of the cap match game photo. Creases also, but the threads are circled.
          Attached Files
          Rob L
          loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• indyred
            • May 2006

Awesome screen shots Rob on that loose thread.

For people that have won these on MLB.com auctions. Have you been getting them in hand pretty quick after the auctions?

Comment

• nationals2k9
              • Sep 2008

I paid Wed late night after the auction ended and had in hand Friday by lunch.

Comment

• Rob L
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by indyred
                Awesome screen shots Rob on that loose thread.

For people that have won these on MLB.com auctions. Have you been getting them in hand pretty quick after the auctions?
                Thanks. Below is an even better matching photo of the threads and dominant crease. As far as timing goes, I paid the day after the auction ended and got the cap 1.5 week later.
                Attached Files
                Rob L
                loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2009

It is going to be strange seeing Figgins in a Mariners uniform.

Comment

• Jays1fan

Beware of JAYS Stars & Stipes Hats on MLB.com

Just wanted to let everyone know of the TROUBLES I have gone through with my Roy Halladay Jays Stars and Stripes Hat. And this effects ALL the Jays has they have. The MLB Hologram states:
                    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Hologram number LH718195 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED CAP.[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Session Product Description:[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] [/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Session Name:[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] TOR AT DET
                    Session Date: September 11, 2009
                    Autographer:
                    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
                    Additional Information: 9/11 FIRST RESPONDER DAY. WORN BY TORONTO BLUE JAYS. TORONTO @ DETROIT.[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
                    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Notice it says Woen by Toronto Blue Jays. NOT Roy Halladay.[/FONT]
                    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']They are all like this. I have talked to someone involved in the Auctions , another person with the MLB Authentications and a Personal Friend at MLB. They are not going to change the information to the players. They say they have no Idea.[/FONT]
                    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Then How can they sell them and RELIST them as the players they are stating in the Auction. Another Kick in the Pants , is that there own Web site says that if there is misinformation and a Picture can be provided proving otherwise to let them know. Well his #32 is inside , but I was told that is not enough.[/FONT]

Comment

• Jays1fan

Re: Beware of JAYS Stars & Stipes Hats on MLB.com

Not sure why this got scrambled , so lets try again.
                      Just wanted to let everyone know of the TROUBLES I have gone through with my Roy Halladay Jays Stars and Stripes Hat. And this effects ALL the Jays has they have. The MLB Hologram states:
                      Notice it says Worn by Toronto Blue Jays. NOT Roy Halladay.
                      They are all like this ( All the Jays Hats ). I have talked to someone involved in the Auctions , another person with the MLB Authentications and a Personal Friend at MLB. They are not going to change the information to the players. They say they have no Idea.
                      Then How can they sell them and RELIST them as the players they are stating in the Auction. Another Kick in the Pants , is that there own Web site says that if there is misinformation and a Picture can be provided proving otherwise to let them know. Well his #32 is inside , but I was told that is not enough.
                      Notice the MLB Hologram

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Hologram number LH718195 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED CAP.[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Session Product Description:[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] [/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Session Name:[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] TOR AT DET
                      Autographer:
                      Additional Information: 9/11 FIRST RESPONDER DAY. WORN BY TORONTO BLUE JAYS. TORONTO @ DETROIT.[/FONT]

Comment

• Jays1fan

Not sure why this MLB Hologram info is getting scrambled. One more try.

Hologram number LH718195 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED CAP.
                        Session Product Description:
                        Session Name: TOR AT DET
                        Autographer:
                        Additional Information: 9/11 FIRST RESPONDER DAY. WORN BY TORONTO BLUE JAYS. TORONTO @ DETROIT.

Comment

• nationals2k9
                          • Sep 2008

Think I understand what you're trying to get at.

When you say number 32 isn't enough... do you mean for MLB to change the database entry or for you to be satisfied? If for you... I'd argue that no else else should be writing 32 inside his hat.

Comment

• Jays1fan

Originally posted by nationals2k9
                            Think I understand what you're trying to get at.

When you say number 32 isn't enough... do you mean for MLB to change the database entry or for you to be satisfied? If for you... I'd argue that no else else should be writing 32 inside his hat.
                            BOTH actually. MLB will not change the information on the MLB Hologram to state the player wore it. So I asked them , how could they SELL it and LIST it that way if they were not sure ? The response I got was :

everything is based on the information gathered by the authenticator. His note(s) must match what is entered into the database. If the authenticator is unable to validate the item(s), then no further action can be taken

Dont you guys think that is a Joke ? They want to list and sell them as players hats but wont Authenticate them as such.
                            I also got this comment :

It is the authenticator who witnessed the item, who took their own notes, who is the only one to make that decision. If this was marketed or sold with information additional to what is posted on the Authentication website, it would have been done by MLB.com who ran this particular auction.

So who in the world listed the auction if it wasnt MLB.com ?? LoL , they are really looking bad on this one. I hope the Other Teams had someone more responsible charting down the info.

Comment

• Rob L
                              • Nov 2005

Sounds like the authenticator was lazy. My Figgins hat mentions Figgins name online. Still, it's unlikey that Halladay didn't wear that hat.
                              Rob L
                              loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• Jays1fan

Originally posted by Rob L
                                Sounds like the authenticator was lazy. My Figgins hat mentions Figgins name online. Still, it's unlikey that Halladay didn't wear that hat.
                                Yes the Authenticator was Lazy. But I dont think MLB should auction them off as player worn hats if THEY are not willing to back it up as such.

The Prices were over the top to start with, and if they cant authenticate it properly , I am taking the refund.
                                As we all know MLB Authenticated items do bring a premium and that is what I was paying for. Anyone can take one of those hats , wear it for a day and write #32 inside.

But I am glad for you that your Figgins was done the right way.

Comment

Working...