Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: June pick-ups

Re: June pick-ups

Figured I'd share a couple of my Justin Smoak pickups over the last month:

2007 USA baseball Game Worn Grey Jersey - Was signed by Smoak on the number one.

2009 USA baseball Game Worn White Jersey - This one is my favorite of the two. Smoak wore this during the '09 World Cup where he was named MVP of the tournament. It has some very distinct dirt marks and some sort of brown mark on the back of the jersey. Holo'd by USA baseball with cert.

Game used Smoak bat Mother's Day - Picked this up when MLB was auctioning them off. For a bat that was used only once, it has some great marks on the barrel, as well pine tar and Smoak's number written on the butt end of the bat.

Always looking for more Smoak items if you know or have anything you'd be willing to part with
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    From Steiner Mariano Riveria 2010 game used home jersey that is MLB authentic and was used in the game he got his fifth save this year! Steiner had just gotten it in and I knew it would be a hot one so I snapped it up at full price because I did not want to risk someone else doing the same or submitting a higher offer in the best offer promotion. Sorry guys.
    No appologies necessary! $5,000 for a jersey worn for only a few games at best (his fifth save this season... no milestone) this season... Steiner did ok. Enojy the jersey.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gucollector View Post
    No appologies necessary! $5,000 for a jersey worn for only a few games at best (his fifth save this season... no milestone) this season... Steiner did ok. Enojy the jersey.
    I was apologizing for buying it outside the promotion that GUU and Steiner are running to avoid losing out on it. Five grand is a steal. I have rarely seen home jerseys on the market outside of the opening day 2008 one that he did not pitch during the game in question. All I have seen are road jerseys for the most part and with the Yankees the mystique is in the pinstripes and yet the road jerseys still sell between 4 and 6 grand on the secondary market. Yes it was not used in a "milestone" but it was worn in at least one game he pitched AND got a save during. As far as it only being used in a handful of games at best, NFL jerseys used in one half of one regular season game have gone for 10 grand plus i.e. Farve. MO is the key to five World Series titles and counting and by far the greatest closer ever so I am happy with my purchase.

That's all that matters man.

-Tony

You did'nt have to justify your purchase.I am thinking that the newbie was just being wise anyway.As i am not sure what other purpose that comment of thiers was for.I wish people would keep thier comments like that to themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I was apologizing for buying it outside the promotion that GUU and Steiner are running to avoid losing out on it. Five grand is a steal. I have rarely seen home jerseys on the market outside of the opening day 2008 one that he did not pitch during the game in question. All I have seen are road jerseys for the most part and with the Yankees the mystique is in the pinstripes and yet the road jerseys still sell between 4 and 6 grand on the secondary market. Yes it was not used in a "milestone" but it was worn in at least one game he pitched AND got a save during. As far as it only being used in a handful of games at best, NFL jerseys used in one half of one regular season game have gone for 10 grand plus i.e. Farve. MO is the key to five World Series titles and counting and by far the greatest closer ever so I am happy with my purchase.

I thought the comment was rude as well when I read it; rude or he's jealous that you got it. Either way it wasn't necessary.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

If that is directed at Me... I was just saying as long as he was happy with the purchase, it doesnt matter what others feel. It wasn't smart, it was just a nice comment.

-Tony

very nice Rivera jersey and great pick up. Steiner had one from last season game used for $3,000 and still kick myself for not picking that up, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    If that is directed at Me... I was just saying as long as he was happy with the purchase, it doesnt matter what others feel. It wasn't smart, it was just a nice comment.

-Tony
    No Tony, it was directed at "gucollector"
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Finally got an all original Royals road jersey from the 70's. Followed this team for years and learned to hate the Yankees because of them. Won it in the last Legendary auction and was very happy with the price. Tough jerseys to get especially this era. Hal McRae wore #11.
    Attached Images Attached Images