X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flota89
    • Jul 2009

Re: Almost another perfect game

Originally posted by yanks12025
    I'm not going to agrue about my opinion. Sorry my opinion about a play is different than yours. I just feel it would be bad for baseball with so many perfect games. And i would feel the same way if it was a yankee player.
    Are you even reading what your typing? Your saying you dont want a perfect game because it would be the third in the month? Seriously? So does that make it any more or less difficult? Come on now...
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• eisenreich8
      • Jun 2007

Some unsolicited observations:

Jim Joyce has 22 years as an MLB ump. ESPN analysts tonight said he would from here on out always be pointed at and spoken of as the guy who robbed Gallarraga of a perfect game.

Joyce has a face I would slap even if I didn't know the guy.

Jim Leyland fired off on Joyce like he was definitely gonna get some blood. All the Tigers players/coaches/manager on the field who lost their cool and simply verbally assailed Jim Joyce showed tremendous restraint. I would have been a Cabrera many-fold and probably worse.

The runner was definitely out. Not even close, even on TV as it happened. You are so rooting for this dramatic final play's success and I just had a flashbulb go off like it was Game 6 of the '86 WS and Mookie just hit the grounder. Stunning, irreversible finality.

My head is hurting and I'm going to bed. Good night.

Comment

• camarokids
        • Jun 2006

It isn't even close.

The guy was out!!!!

Selig should overturn the umps decision and make it a perfect game!!!!!

Grow a set Bud and do what it right for the game!

Instant replay is badly needed in baseball, give each manager two or three challenges per game...........
        Thank you,
        David

This is my email address here!
        dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• flota89
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by camarokids
          It isn't even close.

The guy was out!!!!

Selig should overturn the umps decision and make it a perfect game!!!!!

Grow a set Bud and do what it right for the game!

Instant replay is badly needed in baseball, give each manager two or three challenges per game...........
          I was just saying to my family that I wish they could overturn that. I'm not sure what I think about replay yet, but it really looks nice after an ump messes something that big up.
          Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
          flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• camarokids
            • Jun 2006

BTW, even MLB.com has the story line right.....

"Missed call ends Galarraga's perfect bid"

Here's a link to see replay......

Thank you,
            David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Comment

• yanks12025
              • Jan 2006

We don't need more of mlb instant replay or challenges, only for homeruns.

Comment

• camarokids
                • Jun 2006

We don't need more of mlb instant replay or challenges, only for homeruns.
                When the umps don't screw up anymore, I will agree with you......
                Thank you,
                David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Comment

• yanks12025
                  • Jan 2006

It's part of the game. God why don't we just change all the rules and the name of the game. Did they have replay back in the 1920's and before that. That was real baseball and now we have pretty much a watered down version. I'm sure we can come up with computers that show a ball and strike and get rid of the home plate umpire in all.

Comment

• flota89
                    • Jul 2009

It's part of the game. God why don't we just change all the rules and the name of the game. Did they have replay back in the 1920's and before that. That was real baseball and now we have pretty much a watered down version. I'm sure we can come up with computers that show a ball and strike and get rid of the home plate umpire in all.
                    A watered down version of baseball? You may as well stop now.

Tyler
                    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                      • Aug 2005

umps will always screw up once in awhile as they are human.

one bad call to first should not allow every throw to first to be disputed. what next, a guy releases for home too early and that is reviewable? should every third strike be reviewable? it would be hurt the game, imho. ump screw ups will always be a part of the game.

imho, umps just need to be reviewed more often so the bad umps can be replaced and be held accountable.
                      Regards,
                      Joel S.
                      joelsabi @ gmail.com
                      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• camarokids
                        • Jun 2006

I'm sure we can come up with computers that show a ball and strike and get rid of the home plate umpire in all.
                        I would be all for that.

Especially the way umps have to call their own version of the strike zone and not call "balls & strikes" by the rule book.

How often do you have umps changing the strike zone from one game to the next?

Pitcher's have to adjust from one game to the next according to who the umpire is. Same with hitters.

I think there should be a standard strike for umpires to use and not their interpretation of the rule books.
                        Thank you,
                        David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Comment

• camarokids
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by joelsabi
                          umps will always screw up once in awhile as they are human.

one bad call to first should not allow every throw to first to be disputed. what next, a guy releases for home too early and that is reviewable? should every third strike be reviewable? it would be hurt the game, imho. ump screw ups will always be a part of the game.

imho, umps just need to be reviewed more often so the bad umps can be replaced and be held accountable.
                          Not every call, as I said, give each manager two or three challenges per game......

Must be nice to be able to edit your own posts ......
                          Thank you,
                          David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                            • Sep 2009

They did not always have the technology available for it. Now that we do it is a discussion worth having. I think that the way they handle it football has added not taken away from the game.

I think that the strike zone should be left alone...but it sure would be nice to have a replay available for plays like this and balls trapped etc....a coach's challenge I think could be doable and not take away from the game. I personally dont think that the HR replays have, in fact Hamilton was robbed earlier this year when they felt they could rely on an umpires judgement alone.

Comment

• joelsabi
                              • Aug 2005

Not every call, as I said, give each manager two or three challenges per game......

Must be nice to be able to edit your own posts ......
                              Kinda like the NBA?

And it's nice that you are aware that I edited.
                              Regards,
                              Joel S.
                              joelsabi @ gmail.com
                              Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• joelsabi
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by STLHAMMER32
                                They did not always have the technology available for it. Now that we do it is a discussion worth having. I think that the way they handle it football has added not taken away from the game.

I think that the strike zone should be left alone...but it sure would be nice to have a replay available for plays like this and balls trapped etc....a coach's challenge I think could be doable and not take away from the game. I personally dont think that the HR replays have, in fact Hamilton was robbed earlier this year when they felt they could rely on an umpires judgement alone.
                                why not the strikezone? if you mess with the play at first, questioning a third strike is the next progression. its just bad for baseball imho.
                                Regards,
                                Joel S.
                                joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

Working...