Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Perfect game....... Blown by ump

Armando Galaragga had it and lost it because of the ump. The man should be fired and lose his job

Almost another perfect game

But ump blew it on the final play. I know others will be mad but i think its best that it was not a perfect game. Because with 3 in one month kills the whole event of a perfect game.

Re: Almost another perfect game

Wow thats horrible, I would have gave him a smack in the mouth for that call.

No way! I was at Braden's and I was still rooting for Armando, especially following Jackson's catch. I don't even know what you say, the last play and the runner was out by a step at least, WOW, just WOW.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    But ump blew it on the final play. I know others will be mad but i think its best that it was not a perfect game. Because with 3 in one month kills the whole event of a perfect game.

Dumbest thing Ive seen in writing today...dude got hosed

Quote Originally Posted by cigarman44 View Post
    Dumbest thing Ive seen in writing today...dude got hosed
    Sorry its the dumbest thing but it's the way i feel. A perfect game is something that should only come around acouple times and not three times in a month.

Also what if the base runner was called out but on replay he was safe, that would be worse than what happened.

Sorry its the dumbest thing but it's the way i feel. A perfect game is something that should only come around acouple times and not three times in a month.

Also what if the base runner was called out but on replay he was safe, that would be worse than what happened.
    We have time limits on history now? And they should only happen when you say so? Got it...

He wasn't safe and wasn't called out so why even try to make an argument out of it?

Since we are playing what if's, I guess you would be ok with it if it would have just happened to Phil Hughes as well...

Quote Originally Posted by cigarman44 View Post
    We have time limits on history now? And they should only happen when you say so? Got it...

He wasn't safe and wasn't called out so why even try to make an argument out of it?

Since we are playing what if's, I guess you would be ok with it if it would have just happened to Phil Hughes as well...

I'm not going to agrue about my opinion. Sorry my opinion about a play is different than yours. I just feel it would be bad for baseball with so many perfect games. And i would feel the same way if it was a yankee player.

He wasn't so that doesn't really matter in this discussion.

The fact is, the runner was out. The bad call cost the guy a shot at immortality. I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't feel this way if it was a Yankee pitcher.

There are bad calls in baseball. Its part of the game. A ball-call on a should be strike 3 gets followed by a single that breaks it up, etc. But they say a fielder never wants to break up a no hitter and an umpire shouldn't either.

Oh wait, the umpire was Jim Joyce... Yeah, I think he was looking for a reason to break it up. The guy always seems to call games like the game is all about him. He is horrible.

The rules are a little wacky sometimes too, I think there's been a couple guys that had no hitters through 9 or 10 innings, but didn't get credit because it was a tie game - only counts if its a complete game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    He wasn't so that doesn't really matter in this discussion.

The fact is, the runner was out. The bad call cost the guy a shot at immortality. I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't feel this way if it was a Yankee pitcher.

There are bad calls in baseball. Its part of the game. A ball-call on a should be strike 3 gets followed by a single that breaks it up, etc. But they say a fielder never wants to break up a no hitter and an umpire shouldn't either.

Oh wait, the umpire was Jim Joyce... Yeah, I think he was looking for a reason to break it up. The guy always seems to call games like the game is all about him. He is horrible.

The rules are a little wacky sometimes too, I think there's been a couple guys that had no hitters through 9 or 10 innings, but didn't get credit because it was a tie game - only counts if its a complete game.
    i think there has been 6-7 times where a pitcher had a perfect game thru the 9th but the team could not score a run for him. perfect games are as much a combination of skill and luck.

read this book 27 Men Out for details on an umpire role in a perfect game.
    http://www.amazon.com/27-Men-Out-Bas...5529252&sr=1-6
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.