Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All Star Game Notes

Hey folks-

Figured this would be a good place to list observations about the equipment in the all star game.

Did anyone else notice that in A-Rod's first at bat, he wore a batting helmet which didn't have his #13 on the bill?

Eric

Re: All Star Game Notes

Anyone know what the story is with the yellow armbands many of the players are wearing

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Hey folks-

Figured this would be a good place to list observations about the equipment in the all star game.

Did anyone else notice that in A-Rod's first at bat, he wore a batting helmet which didn't have his #13 on the bill?

Eric
    Yeah, and it was a Cool-Flo helmet. I think that's the first time one of those has been used by a Yankee. I don't recall seeing what kind Jeter was wearing. Also, some players look like they are wearing their regular season helmets (Ichiro and Edgar Renteria) and some are wearing new ones with no number (I think), but with an all-star sticker on the back (Arod and David Ortiz)

-Jason
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Here's a shot of Jeter wearing a numberless helmet- Is it a cool flo?

Here is a shot of Bud Selig looking stunning (or rather stunned) in a Cool Flow Hefty Bag. The man is the picture of leadership.

Here is a shot of Bud Selig looking stunning (or rather stunned) in a Cool Flow Hefty Bag. The man is the picture of leadership.
    I think you mean Cool Flo hair . BTW, I'm not sure about the yellow wristbands, but they may have something to do with Clemente.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Hey folks-

Eric
    I think all players were issued new helmets with the All Star logo on the back of the helmet. Let's hope these will be auctioned off!!!

Here's the scoop on the wrist bands from New York Times...

INTRODUCING WRIST BANDS Each player was given a set of yellow wrist bands with an All-Star Game emblem on one side and RCW, Robert Clemente’s initials, on the other. The players were encouraged to wear them at least during introductions.

Here's the scoop on the wrist bands from New York Times...

INTRODUCING WRIST BANDS Each player was given a set of yellow wrist bands with an All-Star Game emblem on one side and RCW, Robert Clemente’s initials, on the other. The players were encouraged to wear them at least during introductions.
    Clemente's real name is Roberto Clemente Walker (RCW)

Anyone know what the story is with the yellow armbands many of the players are wearing

I was wondering the same thing. How is it that they have MY initials on their wristbands . . . . Then you realize the games in Pittsburgh, Clemente . . . ROBERTO CLEMETE WALKER
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com