Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Michael Jordan Game Used Shoes..HELP

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your opinion. I have submitted the imaged to rareair and hope to hear back from them shortly. As soon as I hear anything I will update.

Does anyone have any knowledge on the tagging?

Banned

I cannot vouch for the autograph or game-use, but base on the code found of the tag, the pair is certainly custom made for MJ. These pair are NOT the retail version. See the thread that I started below not too long ago. I own the same version but different colorway that I just cosigned to Grey Flannel for their upcoming Basketball Hall of Fame Auction. Hope this helps!

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...t=jordan+shoes

Thanks so much for your help! Do you have any idea what something like these can go for?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jmwill82 View Post
    Thanks so much for your help! Do you have any idea what something like these can go for?
    It's difficult to say the market value of MJ game-worn shoes because there are only a handfull that hit the open market. I guess it all depends on the provenance, if you ask me. The last one sold at Grey Flannel not signed with Scottie Pippen Foundation LOA went for around 10K, but that was when MJ got inducted to the Hall of Fame, so that might have something to do with the price sky rocketing.

I think we've already spoke James and like I said these are game issued Air Jordan's not retail. Also that signature is 100% authentic, it's an in person sig done very quickly on a bumpy surface so I'm sure it changed the lines of his stroke on his letters. Hope that helps James. As far as value goes, it depends on the timing and who's looking I've noticed that the price on that model fluctuates alot from 1500- to I guess 10k! Lol which I think is BS, but that's just me!..... Anyways hope I helped and you have my email if needed.

Regards
    Mike.

Banned

I attached the print screen of the Grey Flannel Auction ended at 9/11/2009. It ended at $10,200.00 with buyers premium.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
    I think we've already spoke James and like I said these are game issued Air Jordan's not retail. Also that signature is 100% authentic, it's an in person sig done very quickly on a bumpy surface so I'm sure it changed the lines of his stroke on his letters. Hope that helps James. As far as value goes, it depends on the timing and who's looking I've noticed that the price on that model fluctuates alot from 1500- to I guess 10k! Lol which I think is BS, but that's just me!..... Anyways hope I helped and you have my email if needed.

Regards
    Mike.

Mike I am glad to see that you agree with me on the signature. I am afraid that many people judge sigs off of the UDA style signatures they see!

The shoes are legit for sure. that's the right tag for his shoes that year. if they were "General Release" shoes the number at the top would start with 97 or 98. the sig looks a little off though.

Hi All- Thanks again for everyone's input and advice. I would like to get these shoes authenticated, however I am wondering who would be the best person to take them to? I heard Upper Deck will authenticate Jordan items. Does anyone know anything about this?

Finally, can someone please tell me what season Jordan wore these shoes? The seller mentioned that he received them after a Finals game against the Sonics, however I have tried to photo match these shoes from that series and struck out. Any input would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by jmwill82 View Post
    Hi All- Thanks again for everyone's input and advice. I would like to get these shoes authenticated, however I am wondering who would be the best person to take them to? I heard Upper Deck will authenticate Jordan items. Does anyone know anything about this?

Finally, can someone please tell me what season Jordan wore these shoes? The seller mentioned that he received them after a Finals game against the Sonics, however I have tried to photo match these shoes from that series and struck out. Any input would be awesome!
    Save your money...No authenticator can guarantee you anything it is just their opinion. They have no way of knowing whether Jordan wore them or not. The only way to know for sure is if Jordan wore than them and you saw him physically remove them and hand them to you. You are much better off asking knowledgeable Jordan collectors (ones who have years of experience and well respected in the hobby for their expertise) who can identify them as being made for Jordan to use in a game, then by evaluating use and characteristics it can be concluded it has a good chance Jordan actually wore them.

About the year, Jordan would not have worn these in the Finals against the Sonics, that was the 96 year and he wore the famous patent leather shoes. In the Finals, the team went to all black shoes as well. If I remember correctly this model was used for part of the 97-98 season.