Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: August pick ups

Re: August pick ups

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    Austin Jackson GU Spring Training helmet. Thanks to Josh!
    great looking helmet...............nice bat in photo too!!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Lineup card from May 18, 2010. The O's won this game 4 to 3. Luke Scott hit two home runs and Nick Markakis hit the walk off RBI single.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Recently picked up this MLB authenticated Damon bat from opening weekend this year. I'm not able to get any pics of when the bat was broken but if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Hologram #LH430787
    Session Name: DET AT KC
    Session Date: April 08, 2010
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: LOUISVILLE SLUGGER G125, "JOHNNY DAMON", TOP OF 6TH , BANNISTER PITCHING, ONE PIECE, CRACKED IN THE HANDLE

Quote Originally Posted by ajdaman42 View Post
    Recently picked up this MLB authenticated Damon bat from opening weekend this year. I'm not able to get any pics of when the bat was broken but if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Hologram #LH430787
    Session Name: DET AT KC
    Session Date: April 08, 2010
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: LOUISVILLE SLUGGER G125, "JOHNNY DAMON", TOP OF 6TH , BANNISTER PITCHING, ONE PIECE, CRACKED IN THE HANDLE
    I have 3 pics for you.

1.Your bat before it was broken
    2. Johnny switching it out
    3. Your bat on the way back to the dugout. LOL

Thanks Dach0sen0on! The ball marks in the picture match the ones on the bat so I'm all set.

Just picked this up in a trade deal....

Andy Pettitte block letter LVS C243 '95-'97 Rookie Era bat with an interesting story behind it. It came from a family friend of his that received it as a graduation present apparently. But the bat was a natural finish Pettitte model bat originally and due to a factory flaw it came out with a Rose/Pink finish to it. There was an AP story prior to Game 4 of the 1996 World Series that mentions this (added below) and the ribbing he got from it, further narrowing it down to a likely '96 World Champs year bat.
    It has a nice auto on the barrel, PET written on knob and he also was a player I was looking to add to the collection.

Ben

Yankees' pitchers can hit

By Tom Saladino, Associated Press wrier
    ATLANTA -- There will be a lot of firsts for the New York Yankees pitchers before the 92nd World Series is over.
    Reliever Mariano Rivera batted for the first time in his major-league career in Tuesday night's 5-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves in Game 3. He managed to ground out to second.
    "That was the first time I hit in a game since 1989 when I was an amateur in Panama," Rivera said.
    Game 4 starter Kenny Rogers had never batted during his big league career until last night. He singled in his first at-bat. Andy Pettitte, the Yankees' scheduled starter for Game 5 tonight has never batted either.
    "I'm not concerned about their hitting. The most important thing is that they can put down a bunt if necessary," said New York hitting coach Chris Chambliss.
    "It's just not fair," Chambliss said, "that they have to bat against what is probably the best pitching staff in baseball."
    But, he added, "If they've got a bat in their hands, they just might hit it. I've seen Kenny hit the ball in batting practice. He puts the ball in play."
    Pettitte, he said, swings for power. "I've seen him hit a couple of home runs in BP."
    Pettitte even has his own model bat, a C243 model Louisville Slugger, but due to a foul up at the factory, it's color came out a pastel pink.
    "That's his pretty bat," said teammate and personal catcher, Jim Leyritz.

Being a little lazy and not taking pictures of my Cueto jersey yet. It is from the Civil Rights Game last year against the White Sox. Cueto was the starting pitcher, and that might be the reason the jersey has stains and smells like absolute B.O. Steiner was class act to work with (JJ) and really made me wish they got their hands on more Reds gear.

Here is a photo of Cueto in action.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Got this in from Steiner today.

Ryan Franklin's 2010 Civil Rights Jersey.

Randy J Beck

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    Sick 2003 Rickey Henderson gamer from vintagebats.com
    Nice bat, I owned it for a while and always wondered what took Andy so long to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Nice bat, I owned it for a while and always wondered what took Andy so long to sell it.
    I agree, I thought 300 was more than fair, he's arguably one of the top 10-15 all time. Did you get a LOA from man of steal sports, it said in the description and I never got it. I dont doubt the bat, it just would be nice to have it.

-Tony