Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Vintage Authentics Current Auction

Take a look at these two lots:

http://www.vintagesportsauthentics.c...me-Used-Jersey#

http://www.vintagesportsauthentics.c...ed-Jersey-GU-9

First, I am NOT saying these jerseys are bad. What I am saying is is there anyone else out there that just does not buy the idea of a Tom Brady gamer hitting the market with absolutely zero provenance? No team letter nor NFL paperwork? I don't see a gamer from one of the top few QBs to ever play the game...playing on a team that does not release their game used equipment to the marketplace...being available with zero documentation being truly authentic. Maybe I am just too skeptical. Also, the Adrian Peterson jersey is supposedly sourced from the Vikes. What Vike? What person? Who? I might be mistaken, but doesn't J.O. have the rights to virtually all Vikes gamers? I can say this with certainty...I have been to J.O.'s office and I have held real deal Peterson shirts...and they are HAMMERED with use. Destroyed. This offered shirt has "surface dings and nice numeral and letter puckering from multiple washings". Dings? Multiple washings? Wow. As I said above I am not saying these jerseys are bad. In my opinion, they are suspect at best and I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Banned

Re: Vintage Authentics Current Auction

One is a Mears A5 wich doesn't mean much other is a sweet Lou Lampson

enough said.

Funny you mention these two lots...those immediately jumped off the page to me, and I thought the exact same things! No provenance with Brady, and it was the cleanest AP jersey that I have ever seen. I have also been trying to match the Ed Reed helmet that is up there, and cannot at all. Ed only wore Riddell from '02 through preseason '04...never had a high snap chinstrap (always screw in), they always had a yellow/gold warning decal, and the font size on the front bumper RIDDELL seems too small. They also have a Boomer Esiason jersey which is nothing close to the size/style that he used to wear...I stopped looking at other items after those...

My sentiments exactly on both of those Jerseys. I have an AP and it's amazing what he can do to a jersey with only 20 carries. He defines the word POUNDED.

The Brady speaks for itself. Because of the Pats inventory system, no player is allowed to touch a game jersey without ownerships approval. Once it gets ownership approval, it gets paperwork. Tom is still wearing his favorite Jersey from 2003, so that should give you a good idea how many real gamers are out there. The Pats have no control over how many Pats issued jerseys are prepared by Reebok......and there lies the problem.

Oh yea.....this sounds a bit odd also: "shows moderate game use with surface dings and nice numeral and letter puckering from multiple washings"

There were only a handful of White AP Jerseys worn in the 2009 season ( 9 games in total including pre season) and none of them had any time for multiple washings? I'm pretty sure that you could locate just about every white 2009 Jersey and there is a pretty good chance it hasn't been washed once. I'm sure that most of you guys have seen this video off of JO Sports Website.

http://www.josportsco.com/list_produ...000012&CatID=0

Does it seem lime many of AP Jerseys are being washed and put back on the shelf?

It looks like the link doesn't take you to the AP video, but once you get to JO Sports, click on the AP video in the upper right.

Stay away from the Mauer Jersey as well... it has all the right patches (despite the fact it looks like my 4 year old sewed on the year)

The jersey simply does not match up to any photos of Mauer in 2006

nice fake
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Smile Re: Vintage Authentics Current Auction

My last word for now.....I'm not suggesting that the 2 Football Jerseys are fake.....I am just suggesting "Buyer Beware".

I just found out moments ago from an authority on Vikes gamers...the AP shirt is bad. I knew it was and this phone call confirmed it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    I just found out moments ago from an authority on Vikes gamers...the AP shirt is bad. I knew it was and this phone call confirmed it.
    Is there something you can help identify why the jersey is bad? Lack of use isn't enough. I assume there is an issue with the tagging or something. Please elaborate.