I saw a 1992 Pirates road jersey on eBay, and the "set 2" Rawlings flag tag (midseason order), a tag I've seen on numerous 1992 Pirates Rawlings gamers, led me to wonder if, contrary to some conventional wisdom, the Bucs also wore Russell gamers that season?

I scanned several sites and a bunch of baseball cards up for bids on The Bay, and did, indeed, see a few player photos of Pirates players wearing Russell jerseys. The latest of these in terms of date (on Getty) was May 15.

Now that I've started the ball rolling, can anyone in the Forum membership offer information as to the following?

1) Does someone have a precise date (as opposed to "after May 15") to pin down the Pirates' changeover from Russell unies to Rawlings garb?

2) Does anyone have a photo they can show on this site of a 1992 Pirates player wearing a Russell HOME jersey. It's likely (but not certain) that the Bucs wore Russell at home, as well, in that early-season time frame...photographic evidence would clinch it. The Russell photos I viewed were all in the road grey style.

Any input is appreciated.

Dave Miedema