Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: June pick-ups

June pick-ups

Picked up my first Manny Ramirez gamer from 2010

I've been looking for a nice Manny "Carolina Clubs" model to add to the collection for some years now and finally got one.

Thanks,
    Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: June pick-ups

Here is a game used jersey of John Lowenstein that I picked up from an on-line auction over the holiday weekend...The year tag has worn off, but I suspect the jersey is from 1980 or so...

A couple hours ago I received a pretty cool bat from John Taube to add to my Manny collection. Some of you may have seen it on his site.... a 1993 game-ready Louisville Slugger bat matched to order records from that same year. It's the same model bat seen on some Manny's rookie cards back when he was sporting a #59 jersey. Thanks to JT for working out a nice deal.

Here is a snippet from the LOA:

The model number, length, and weight specifications have been confirmed by the manufacturer’s ordering records as being ordered by the player during the referenced labeling period.

Manufacturer: Louisville Slugger
    Model Number: T141
    Labeling Period: 1993
    Length: 34 3/8 inches
    Weight: 32 ounces
    Wood: Ash
    Finish: Black

Description: Louisville Slugger model T141 Manny Ramirez professional model bat, with a cupped end, is un-cracked and game ready.

Comments: This Manny Ramirez professional model bat is the earliest bat that we have seen from Manny’s professional career. The bat can be placed to his first year at the Major League level with four orders appearing on his Professional Bat Ordering Record (PBOR), on file at Louisville Slugger Inc., in 1993. Order dates are: May 4th, August 2nd, September 9th, and December 7th, 1993. Orders are referenced Canton Akron Indians and Cleveland Indians. The fourth order for three bats is listed as ‘Baseball Promotion’. The order specifies the weight of the bat, indicating it was sent to the player, but not charged to the Canton Akron Indians or the Cleveland Indians.

Conclusion: After a thorough examination of this Manny Ramirez professional model bat, and its player use characteristics, it is our opinion the bat is authentic and was manufactured for Ramirez during the referenced labeling period.

Luke Scott Carolina Clubs from his minor league days in 2002.

sweet p/u's national.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Just received the game used, autographed Jimmy Rollins Rawlings bat I purchased recently. The bat is hammered with use. It is also MLB Holo'd to a game on August 2, 2009.

Hologram number LH564252 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
    Session Name: PHI AT SF
    Session Date: August 02, 2009
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: TOP 8TH BATTER JIMMY ROLLINS (PHILLIES) RAWLINGS PITCHER BRANDON MEDDERS (GIANTS)

Session Name: PHILLIES CLUB SIGNING
    Session Date: May 04, 2010
    Autographer: JIMMY ROLLINS

Didn't have a J-Roll Rawlings model bat so I was happy to add this one to the collection. Got a couple of messages out to forum members hoping they can help me out with some screenshots from MLB.TV. Will post some pics of the bat once I get a chance to take some pics.

Banned

Joe Morgan 1973-75 Game used Reds S44 bat. Taube and HOF bats coas. Check it out!

Just picked these up. Looking to get a few more.
    Name:  Ells Bats.jpg
Views: 1649
Size:  238.3 KB

Banned

Is Jacoby ever gonna play again? He's good but no Joe Morgan..lol..nice bats.

Banned