I would like to thank everyone who replied it actually did calm my nerves down and did make me take a step back and think and I pretty much agree with everyone here.

Yankees506 Maybe he did but I think it would of been the considerate thing to give me a chance. A unique negative

Leagleeagle & Bulbus you may be right also, but I would have preferred him just say "hey I decided to keep it' rather than oh I sold it someone else.

3AROD13 im definitely dissapointed I didnt get it. I really really wanted it I am just bothered by how he handled it.

Commando your right though you learn to move on

Jags thanks for understanding

Mark funny you mentioned that, because I did ask, you would of loved the response I got lol lol

Xpress I didn't not obtain the item to trade specifically for him, I wanted it myself but I knew it was one of the things he wanted also. Which gave me a bargaining chip. And of course he is under no obligation I was just dissapointed when he didn't follow through.

Here is my take on it
If I have something that someone else wants badly and I know they are going to cherish it more than I possibly could. I would find a way to part with that item so the other person could have it.
Whether it was money or a trade.
It may kill me a bit to let a part of my own collection go, but knowing it is going to someone who would cherish it more would end up making me feel better in the long run.