Ever Try Asking A Player To Inscribe "Game Used"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sportscentury
    • Nov 2005

Re: Ever Try Asking A Player To Inscribe "Game Used"?

Originally posted by Eric
    I wonder if Dan D. can get the Ripken St. Patrick's Day Signed As "Game Used"- maybe it'll be worth something.
    Sorry- couldn't resist
    Dan,

Do you still have this jersey? If so, could you post some pics? I never did see it. Thanks,

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• camarokids
      • Jun 2006

This past Spring Training Dave Martinez gave me a glove , he says it was 1993 when played w/ the Giants . I asked him to sign it game used 1993 SF Giants . He paused for a second or two and said I'll put '93 . He signed his name and put only '93 after . I think he was mistaken on the year for I since have found a card that shows him using a glove w/ a different web than one he gave me . So I would appreciate it , if anyone knows how to date wilson gloves , if you could date his glove for me . Wilson A2000 Glove Model KP-92 and in the palm of the glove it says in a Gold circle THE A2002 , also in the circle is a large W . On the wrist band the logo is in a square black patch and has A2000 BY (in yellow) WILSON (in red) . Also I told Toby Hall about two bats I bought of his this past spring . The bats were originally sold by ASI , ones of HR Bat from 7/04/02 , and he flipped , what an arshole , he has turned the team of players against me telling them I work for ASI , the players ignore me now ! Always Collecting game used Devil Ray bats , etc ! Thanks , David !!!!!!! new member ! my first reply ! dzscope@earthlink.net
      Thank you,
      David

This is my email address here!
      dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• Eric
        • Jan 1970

What is their beef with ASI?
        Eric
        Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• sportscentury
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Eric
          What is their beef with ASI?
          Eric
          Yeah, I'd really like to know the story behind this.
          Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• mr.miracle
            • Apr 2006

Just to update my previous post. I talked to a rep from Ironclad Authentics today who confirmed to me that Cal Ripken Jr. will not sign any item with the inscription game used regardless of how well it is authenticated or who it comes from.

In regard to the upcoming show in October and Cal not signing any game used item, the rep from Ironclad explained that Cal will not sign any game used items at shows as they do not provide ample opportunity to examine the item. Cal reserves to right to sign or not sign game used items at private signings through Ironclad. Hope this helps other Ripken fans out there.

Thanks
            Brett Herman
            brettherman2131@hotmail.com
            Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• camarokids
              • Jun 2006

I sure wish I knew , If I had known he had such a problem with ASI , I would've kept my mouth shut . Anyone know why ????? Thanks , David , Collecting Devil Rays game used bats and more ! dzscope@earthlink.net
              Thank you,
              David

This is my email address here!
              dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

Working...