Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Derek Jeter GU bat price??? Insane

I want to ask our members what i should be expecting to pay for a Derek Jeter Game used bat. I thought i could afford one but it seems i cannot, I have seen in the pick-ups thread that many of our members have gotten jeter gamers direct from steiner so I called steiner and asked. The reply i got was "list price is $4k but we can do $3k for an unsigned one." Needless to say my up-bringing was the only thing that kept me from hanging up. Long story short i know there is no way $3k is market value for a jeter.....is it?????? or is this just another case of steiner price bloating? If you dont want to disclose how much you paid for yours its ok i just want to know what i should expect.... Thanks in advance

Re: Derek Jeter GU bat price??? Insane

Jeter is a hall of fame player, face of baseball and Yankee legend of this current era. when you see his face enshrined in Monument Park and Cooperstown one day, that 3K$ won't seem to have been too much for someone of his pedigree. have you dealt with Steiner before and have a rep, maybe he could work with you on a better price?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    I want to ask our members what i should be expecting to pay for a Derek Jeter Game used bat. I thought i could afford one but it seems i cannot, I have seen in the pick-ups thread that many of our members have gotten jeter gamers direct from steiner so I called steiner and asked. The reply i got was "list price is $4k but we can do $3k for an unsigned one." Needless to say my up-bringing was the only thing that kept me from hanging up. Long story short i know there is no way $3k is market value for a jeter.....is it?????? or is this just another case of steiner price bloating? If you dont want to disclose how much you paid for yours its ok i just want to know what i should expect.... Thanks in advance
    Three grand is insane for an unsigned Jeter gamer. There are alot on the market and unless it was used for a homer or special achievement that is too high. Steiner auctions them off on Steiner Auctions on its website periodically with a start bid of $1,500 and they toss in a display case. Also check ebay.

3k is high, but not that high. the last steiner bat i saw on ebay, went for over 2k. in 2004, i got mine from steiners auction and paid 1600 or 1700.

there seems to be a lot of jeter bats out there with light use and psa or auction house loa's that go for the 1200 range.

here is a pic of mine:

Name:  jeter1.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  30.8 KB

Absolutely, this looks like a great buy from a respectable source.
    https://www.digitalfm.com/gameusedba...l.cfm?sku=4552

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post
    3k is high, but not that high. the last steiner bat i saw on ebay, went for over 2k. in 2004, i got mine from steiners auction and paid 1600 or 1700.

there seems to be a lot of jeter bats out there with light use and psa or auction house loa's that go for the 1200 range.

here is a pic of mine:

Attachment 38962
    sweet Jeter bat Chris, did you photo match the crack to the game is occurred in?

Quote Originally Posted by yankees24 View Post
    sweet Jeter bat Chris, did you photo match the crack to the game is occurred in?
    thanks, this bats is so pounded, its one of my favorites. not sure when this bat is from, its not mlb authenticated. jeter has always use a black p72, i think i would go nuts if i tried to photomatch it.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees24 View Post
    Jeter is a hall of fame player, face of baseball and Yankee legend of this current era. when you see his face enshrined in Monument Park and Cooperstown one day, that 3K$ won't seem to have been too much for someone of his pedigree.
    Yeah, but look at how many other HOF players from the last 20+ years you could buy for under 3K (in most cases, well under). I really think those prices are based exclusively on being a homegrown Yankee star, way more than his future HOF status or pedigree.

Same reason Don Mattingly bats usually command higher prices than first ballot HOF'ers like Boggs, Gwynn, Winfield, Henderson, Puckett, Molitor, etc. New York is THE big market, lots of demand.

one of the benefits of supporting a mediocre team for the last two decades. I wish i had your guys rings, but im glad i dont have to pay yalls prices.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    one of the benefits of supporting a mediocre team for the last two decades. I wish i had your guys rings, but im glad i dont have to pay yalls prices.
    Yeah i guess i would trade one ring to be able to drop our gu items by hundreds or in jeters case thousands. I wanted you guys to take a look at this bat that is being advertised as a jeter gu bat and it clearly is not even close:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEREK-JETER-SIGN...item335dae7d6e

Its just a dinged up signed bat!!!!!! And its at $810...... The psa/dna holo for the autograph makes ppl think its game used....... wrong!