Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Talking Hawks Win! Hawks Win! Hawks Win!

So far the highlight of my year...only improved upon if the White Sox or Cubs make the World Series (dream on) or a Republican takeover of Congress in November.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Re: Hawks Win! Hawks Win! Hawks Win!

You could thank Leighton for the cup.My flyers played with more heart and talent.Leighton wont screw us next year though!

Banned

Finally you guys were creeping up into Rangers territory there. This won't be the only one either. The Wings are old, Caps and Sharks are chokers, the Pens don't have enough depth so they could easily become the domiant team for the next few years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyla2000 View Post
    You could thank Leighton for the cup.My flyers played with more heart and talent.Leighton wont screw us next year though!
    As a Blackhawks season ticket holder who has attended 90% of their home games and about 10 road games over the past three seasons, I don't know what "heart" or "talent" you missed watching them play, but The Chicago Blackhawks have a team that was four lines deep and three defensive lines that played all season with a desire to win The Stanley Cup.

I saw moments of greatness from The Philadelphia Flyers, a team that made the playoffs as a seven seed on the last day of the regular season and defeated a weak New Jersey Devils team, a confused Boston Bruins team (with an amazing 4 game, 3-goal deficit comeback) and the 8 seeded Montreal Canadians who upset Ovechkin and then Crosby before falling apart against the Flyers.

From the start of the season when ESPN The Magazine put the Hawks on the cover of their NHL Season Preview Issue until the end, The Chicago Blackhawks played with heart, skill and smarts that led them to the 3rd best regular season records and their first Stanley Cup in 49 years.

Bravo to The Flyers for making it six games deep into the finals, but a better team with more heart than this year's champions? I don't think that is a fair comment no matter who you rooted for.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    So far the highlight of my year...only improved upon if the White Sox or Cubs make the World Series (dream on) or a Republican takeover of Congress in November.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

I've noticed this around this forum. Why do some people insist on dragging politics into here. That's a clear cut statement, that has nothing to do with sports or game used.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by micah18771 View Post
    I've noticed this around this forum. Why do some people insist on dragging politics into here. That's a clear cut statement, that has nothing to do with sports or game used.
    In general people look to argue on here alot although it has gotten much better since the moderating committee came in and nothing stirs up an argument like politics. Although i am not saying that in this case that was Dave's intent at all. I am speaking in general.

Banned

Cool Re: Hawks Win! Hawks Win! Hawks Win!

Quote Originally Posted by micah18771 View Post
    Not an attempt at starting a scrum...just a truthful statement. I won't rip officeholders or candidates I disapprove of any more, in deference to this mindset, but if something is a heartfelt belief of mine, at least in a general sense, I will not hide who I am.

To look at it another way, how much difference is what I wrote from members who make reference to sexual escapades, real or (generally) imagined. That's hardly game used, either (although I guess it could be considered sport). I don't exactly enjoy those, but I'm not gonna post a complaint every time I see one. Lighten up, people!!

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Not an attempt at starting a scrum...just a truthful statement. I won't rip officeholders or candidates I disapprove of any more, in deference to this mindset, but if something is a heartfelt belief of mine, at least in a general sense, I will not hide who I am.

To look at it another way, how much difference is what I wrote from members who make reference to sexual escapades, real or (generally) imagined. That's hardly game used, either (although I guess it could be considered sport). I don't exactly enjoy those, but I'm not gonna post a complaint every time I see one. Lighten up, people!!

Dave M.
    Chicago area

It's fine to express how you feel about politics, this just isn't the place.

Banned

Micah:

I guess we agree to disagree.

With that said, let's return this thread to its intended purpose...the Blackhawks taking home the Cup for the first time in 49 years. The Cup (and the team) visited the Cubs home field for last night's Cubs/White Sox game...the first time the home team brought the trophy to Wrigley Field, but not the first time the Cup was brought to the immediate area. A few years ago, when Detroit won the Cup, Chris Chelios brought it to a rooftop or similar type of party across the street from the bleachers.

Dave M.
    Chicago area