Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Your Top #5 Sports Related Movies

1) Slap Shot (I've got to think, if this isn't on anyone's top 5 list, they simply haven't seen it... and/or hate hockey.)
    2) The Rocket - Maurice Richard
    3) Bull Durham, The Natural
    4) Field of Dreams, Eight Men Out, Major League, League of their Own
    5) Caddyshack, Sudden Death (OK, not because it's a good film, just because.)
    6) All the others.

Pretty sure Raging Bull should be up there. And I still haven't seen Miracle and 61*.

Worst) Most of the Rocky's from 2-11, or whatever the last one is. I get them mixed up, there may have been another decent one in there. Also the Mighty Ducks series, Cool Runnings.

1.) Ace Ventura Pet Detective-Dan Marino is in it. That automatically gives it #1
    2.)Major League 1 & 2-I like 2 cause it was shot in Baltimore.
    3.)Rudy-Good heart warming story!
    4.)Fever Pitch-Though I'm an O's fan, my wife is a Red Sox fan and it sounds girly, but its a perfect date movie!
    5.)The Longest Yard(Remake)-That movie is just hilarious!

Honorable Mention-Unneccesary Roughness, The Waterboy, Mystery Alaska, and The Benchwarmers.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBanz View Post
    1.) Ace Ventura Pet Detective-Dan Marino is in it. That automatically gives it #1
    2.)Major League 1 & 2-I like 2 cause it was shot in Baltimore.
    3.)Rudy-Good heart warming story!
    4.)Fever Pitch-Though I'm an O's fan, my wife is a Red Sox fan and it sounds girly, but its a perfect date movie!
    5.)The Longest Yard(Remake)-That movie is just hilarious!

Honorable Mention-Unneccesary Roughness, The Waterboy, Mystery Alaska, and The Benchwarmers.
    Also with Honorable Mention-Remember the Titans and The Blind Side.

Awesome topic! Great choices by everyone so far, any one of those movies could make my top 5.

1. Field of Dreams (I love my Dad, I love baseball and I can relate to the story)
    2. Fever Pitch (My wife says the Jimmy Fallon character is a lot like me and I'm a Red Sox fan too. Oh, and I have always loved Drew Barrymore! )
    3. Cobb (I really liked Tommy Lee Jones as Ty in this. Great story about a great player)
    4. Eight Men Out (I've always been fascinated by the Black Sox scandal)
    5. We Are Marshall (The whole campus chanting scene gave me goosebumps)

You got 4 movies in the #4 spot,thats not fair.Like i said the fun part is picking just your top 5 movies.And see if you can do it without going insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity View Post
    1) Slap Shot (I've got to think, if this isn't on anyone's top 5 list, they simply haven't seen it... and/or hate hockey.)
    2) The Rocket - Maurice Richard
    3) Bull Durham, The Natural
    4) Field of Dreams, Eight Men Out, Major League, League of their Own
    5) Caddyshack, Sudden Death (OK, not because it's a good film, just because.)
    6) All the others.

Pretty sure Raging Bull should be up there. And I still haven't seen Miracle and 61*.

Worst) Most of the Rocky's from 2-11, or whatever the last one is. I get them mixed up, there may have been another decent one in there. Also the Mighty Ducks series, Cool Runnings.

1. The Natural
    2. The Replacements
    3. Remember the Titans
    4. Youngblood
    5. Net Worth (The noteworthy thing about this rather obscure Canadian movie is that it talks about Ted Lindsay's involvement in the formation of the player's union. In one scene the actor portraying Ted Lindsay gets into a fight with a Toronto Maple Leaf. As he is ushered to the penalty box, he is heckled by 3 fans. The fan on the far right of the shot is...TED LINDSAY. Ted is a personal friend of mine and one of the most gentlemanly people I know. He sure played the game with a passion that few have.
    Larry Pelliccioni

Banned

Love the One liners:

Field of Dreams;
    You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day.

Rocky;
    Yo Adrian, go make the meat.

Caddy Shack;
    Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Fever Pitch:
    During a discussion over Red Sox seats - Ben, do you find my wife attractive? Cause we could work something out.

Ace Ventura:
    When Ace discloses that Lois Einhorn is actually a man, every cop at the scene has the bad beer look on their faces.

JIm

PS: Just my opinions - hope I didn't offend anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    You got 4 movies in the #4 spot,thats not fair.Like i said the fun part is picking just your top 5 movies.And see if you can do it without going insane.
    Ya I cheated, sorry! I guess I just liked them all about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Pelliccioni View Post
    5. Net Worth (The noteworthy thing about this rather obscure Canadian movie is that it talks about Ted Lindsay's involvement in the formation of the player's union. In one scene the actor portraying Ted Lindsay gets into a fight with a Toronto Maple Leaf. As he is ushered to the penalty box, he is heckled by 3 fans. The fan on the far right of the shot is...TED LINDSAY. Ted is a personal friend of mine and one of the most gentlemanly people I know. He sure played the game with a passion that few have.
    Larry Pelliccioni
    How about that, thanks for sharing this. I had never heard of it, I just bought it new on Ebay, can't wait to check it out.

Banned

So many to name its hard to pick top 5

1 61*
    2 Eight Men out
    3 Rudy
    4 Youngblood
    5 Field of dreams

Honorable mentions
    Sugar
    Cinderella man
    Major League
    Fever Pitch
    The Express

I am sure there is a ton more im missing

I know thats the fun of it, deciding out of all your favorites to put them in order.As you have 2 (61* and eight men out) that were very hard for me to chose not to put in my top 5.And i am very happy to see that another person is a fan of "youngblood".When i had the discussion with my friends (that led to me posting this thread) none of them even heard of that movie.And we are talking like 10 other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    So many to name its hard to pick top 5

1 61*
    2 Eight Men out
    3 Rudy
    4 Youngblood
    5 Field of dreams

Honorable mentions
    Sugar
    Cinderella man
    Major League
    Fever Pitch