Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Your "15 minutes (seconds!) of GU fame...

Quote Originally Posted by silkman22 View Post
    Andrew,

Very cool picture and memory. I was at that Nationals / Giants game sitting about 15 rows behind you. It remains the longest homerun I have ever seen in person. If I recall, Bonds, in the middle of the steroids controversy, was being jeered loudly prior to each at bat. Once the ball left his bat, RFK Stadium became eerily quiet as the ball rose into the upper deck.

JP
    BONDS HR IN DC...

I was 3rd base line at that game, doing the same thing you guys were..anticipating... i was talking to Tim Russert (RIP) when Bonds came up.... Boom!...i thought that ball was going out of RFK.....he was like a machine

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    GREAT stories.....all of you guys.

I was hoping that somehow you guys could share a link to show off the video of you "doing your thing" in each case. If possible, dig em out and load for for everyone to see.

In my one moment on the tube, I was caught by srprise and the ball bounced off the track and right into my face.....it was crazy! So, what do I do?

I DROP the dang thing!

But in all honesty, it was spinning like a cyclone top and the second it hit my hand it JUMPED off my palm.....would have been an awesome stab if I had caught it clean.

The ball is really cool....you can see the warning tract dirk still imbedded in it...I'll try to post a pic or two when I get home tonight.

Just getting around to keeping my promise....

Here are a few pics of Manny's "Justin Upton lost-in-the-sun Ground Rule Double" on 9-6-2008.

I was eventually able to talk Dodger Brass into giving Manny's #521 (3-run) home run ball back to the family that caught it, so I could buy it from them!!

In doing so, I ended up with all 5 of Manny's RBI in that game against the Diamonbacks, for FIRST PLACE in the division, which they never relinquished the rest of the season.

Now...if only they would have beat the Phillies and gone on to win to the World Series......(daydreaming again)

the link of the event if you missed it earlier on...

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/me...ent_id=3428494
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    cjw,
    Where do you buys those big gloves.
    yanks....got it fom Akadema. Here's the site, but I can't find a direct link to the glove (its a mascot glove...30 inches...full leather

http://www.akademapro.com
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Not really GU fame but just the most awesome experience I have ever had! Even though I am a Dolphins fan I went to the Chargers-Steelers playoff game this winter and had front row seats inline with the goal line. My wife is a Steelers fan. We went with 2 friends(one who is a Steelers fan). Just for fun I decked myself out in Chargers for the game. I was in my seat for about 10 minutes and I saw a familiar face. It was Roger Goodell! I annoyingly yelled his name until he turned around, smiled, and waved! I didn't think it could get any better! Then right infront of us LT and The Bus were having a conversation. I couldn't believe it! 2 of the greatest running backs of my time! As LT was going back into the tunnel we yelled and he turned and waved at us! Then we were informed that Styx was going to be singing the National Anthem. A few minutes later I looked and saw the band coming out of the tunnel. I yelled for them and they all(except Tommy Shaw....he just looked at me and smiled) shook my hand as they were walking by. I could have died right there and been OK! The very first chargers possession was a touchdown to Vincent Jackson in our endzone! I recorded the game and found myself in the reverse angle. Not clearly, but I knew it was me! Check out the picture.....not very much powder blue around! After halftime everyone was coming back out and I yelled for Mike Scifres and he turned around and pointed at me. I then told him he was the best punter in the league and he turned back around again and pointed. The whole game we were near the Steelers fan that always gets on TV. Towards the end of the game he walked over to me and told me he appreciated me coming in Chargers gear to make it fun. I then took a picture with him.(Check out the 5 on his jersey....a dead photomatch! ) A few days after the game I decided to check Getty for some pics of the game and found myself on there! It was an awesome experience!

Name:  l_e6a0dce1736b40848c2bac7449ba09fb.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  33.0 KB

Name:  n1208278401_30091254_2582.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  32.3 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  67.2 KB

Name:  84282143.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  44.7 KB

Name:  l_331b32e39f7e4ce9b679acc732b928d0.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  51.6 KB

Name:  84282037.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  61.5 KB

we have rams season tickets and at one of the preseason games someone made a sign and it said no pace, no money, no clASS. and i was sitting above it and was on the cover of the stl post dispatch. it was when pace was holding out and i was like 8.

At the daytona club for the daytona 500 it was the first year they had it and they took a pic of my dad gpa uncle and i and we were on all the brochures, they had our pic blown up and it was hangin in the ticket office of the speedway.

2 years ago at the daytona 500 i was in one of the pictures they yahoo put up.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBanz View Post
    Not really GU fame but just the most awesome experience I have ever had! Even though I am a Dolphins fan I went to the Chargers-Steelers playoff game this winter and had front row seats inline with the goal line. My wife is a Steelers fan. We went with 2 friends(one who is a Steelers fan). Just for fun I decked myself out in Chargers for the game. I was in my seat for about 10 minutes and I saw a familiar face. It was Roger Goodell! I annoyingly yelled his name until he turned around, smiled, and waved! I didn't think it could get any better! Then right infront of us LT and The Bus were having a conversation. I couldn't believe it! 2 of the greatest running backs of my time! As LT was going back into the tunnel we yelled and he turned and waved at us! Then we were informed that Styx was going to be singing the National Anthem. A few minutes later I looked and saw the band coming out of the tunnel. I yelled for them and they all(except Tommy Shaw....he just looked at me and smiled) shook my hand as they were walking by. I could have died right there and been OK! The very first chargers possession was a touchdown to Vincent Jackson in our endzone! I recorded the game and found myself in the reverse angle. Not clearly, but I knew it was me! Check out the picture.....not very much powder blue around! After halftime everyone was coming back out and I yelled for Mike Scifres and he turned around and pointed at me. I then told him he was the best punter in the league and he turned back around again and pointed. The whole game we were near the Steelers fan that always gets on TV. Towards the end of the game he walked over to me and told me he appreciated me coming in Chargers gear to make it fun. I then took a picture with him.(Check out the 5 on his jersey....a dead photomatch! ) A few days after the game I decided to check Getty for some pics of the game and found myself on there! It was an awesome experience!

Attachment 25627

Attachment 25628

Attachment 25629

Attachment 25630

Attachment 25631

Attachment 25632

Jason.....that last picture's a classic.......thanks for posting

Steve

In the days before youtube, I went to an Islanders/Rangers game at the Nassau Coliseum and sat next to a friend of mine at the time names Jared. Now, I was always a big Canucks Fan and this was before 1994 so seeing a Canucks jersey on Long Island was rare. Unfortunately for poor Jared, during a Timeout, they were panning the crowd and the commentarors said "Wow, look at that! A Vancouver Canucks Sweater here on Long Island. Must be the only one. I was on the Jumbrotron AND the MSG feed. I didn't realize it until a few seconds and he didn't realize it at all. Perhaps if he did, he wouldn't have picked his nose. Not just a casual "maybe he rubbed" but like two knuckles in and scratching his brain. Oh well, right? Everyone does something embarresing once in awhile..... But when he pulled out his finger and ATE A LARGE SNOT ON TV, Sam Rosen commented "Shows you how delicious the food must be here at the coliseum"

Everyone from our teachers to kids 4 years younger knew about it the next day. He couldn't even live it down 5 years later when most people signed his yearbook; "Jared, Snot for nothing but go Rangers!"

Maybe if I wore an Islanders shirt, no one who have noticed? It eventually cost us our friendship as he blamed me. Oh well, now a new generation of people know about his "!5 minutes of shame"
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    It eventually cost us our friendship as he blamed me. Oh well, now a new generation of people know about his "!5 minutes of shame"
    You may think he's a true friend...but he snot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    In the days before youtube, I went to an Islanders/Rangers game at the Nassau Coliseum and sat next to a friend of mine at the time names Jared. Now, I was always a big Canucks Fan and this was before 1994 so seeing a Canucks jersey on Long Island was rare. Unfortunately for poor Jared, during a Timeout, they were panning the crowd and the commentarors said "Wow, look at that! A Vancouver Canucks Sweater here on Long Island. Must be the only one. I was on the Jumbrotron AND the MSG feed. I didn't realize it until a few seconds and he didn't realize it at all. Perhaps if he did, he wouldn't have picked his nose. Not just a casual "maybe he rubbed" but like two knuckles in and scratching his brain. Oh well, right? Everyone does something embarresing once in awhile..... But when he pulled out his finger and ATE A LARGE SNOT ON TV, Sam Rosen commented "Shows you how delicious the food must be here at the coliseum
    Everyone from our teachers to kids 4 years younger knew about it the next day. He couldn't even live it down 5 years later when most people signed his yearbook; "Jared, Snot for nothing but go Rangers!"

Maybe if I wore an Islanders shirt, no one who have noticed? It eventually cost us our friendship as he blamed me. Oh well, now a new generation of people know about his "!5 minutes of shame"
    Sounds like an episode of Seinfeld I've watched a few times

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    You may think he's a true friend...but he snot.
    ....too funny!

I don't know.....maybe it's just me......but I don't think I'd WANT to be hanging around a friend who does those kinds of things at all.....let alone in public!