Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Used Bats (Future Hall of Famers)

Andre Dawson- game used Worth bat (autographed) Model WC118 from 1987-1988 period (uncracked), has #10 on knob and comes with a letter from John Taube (PSA/DNA) regarding game use. Evidence of light game use including ball and cleat marks. $450 (includes insured shipping)

Roberto Alomar- game used Louisville Slugger Model M356 from his days with the Cleveland Indians, cracked, has #12 on the knob. Includes a letter from Left Field Collectibles. Great use! $200 (includes insured shipping)

Rafael Palmeiro- game used Louisville Slugger (autographed w/ game used) Model G174 from his days with the Texas Rangers, no number on the knob, has 30.3 in pencil on the knob and has a Palmeiro 25 hologram near the signature. Bat shows use. $275 (includes insured shipping)

Gary Sheffield- game used maple Louisville Slugger (autographed w/ #10, game used 2009, 500 HR Season) Model R161 from 2009, has #3 on knob, includes #500 hologram, heavy with use, uncracked. $225 (includes insured shipping)

Ivan Rodriguez- game used Louisville Slugger R226 (autographed). Has MLB hologram. Taped handle from his era with the Tigers. $250 (includes insured shipping)

Please e-mail questions, photo requests or orders to steve@think-catalyst.com

Re: Game Used Bats (Future Hall of Famers)

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan View Post
    Andre Dawson- game used Worth bat (autographed) Model WC118 from 1987-1988 period (uncracked), has #10 on knob and comes with a letter from John Taube (PSA/DNA) regarding game use. Evidence of light game use including ball and cleat marks. $450 (includes insured shipping)
    FYI this bat can't be from 87-88, if it has a #10 on it. Dawson was #8 with the Cubs (87-92), and #10 with the Expos (77-86). My guess is the bat is from 83-86. Does the LOA say 87-88?
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 5kRunner View Post
    FYI this bat can't be from 87-88, if it has a #10 on it. Dawson was #8 with the Cubs (87-92), and #10 with the Expos (77-86). My guess is the bat is from 83-86. Does the LOA say 87-88?
    He wore #10 w/ the Red Sox also. I own a Worth from that period w/ #10 on the knob. Easy to tell as the Worth logo looks different and it doesn't have "Tennessee Thumper" on the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    He wore #10 w/ the Red Sox also. I own a Worth from that period w/ #10 on the knob. Easy to tell as the Worth logo looks different and it doesn't have "Tennessee Thumper" on the barrel.
    I should have mentioned that I was only refering to the 83-88 Worth label period regarding the uniform numbers.

Good point though, he did wear #10 with the Red Sox too.
    SCOTT

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

email sent...
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Banned

email sent as well.

All- the bat was purchased directly from John Taube and his letter states that the labeling period is from 1987-1988. I'll check with him for clarification.

John advises that the bat is from 1986 (Expos) and not '87-'88. I purchased it with the impression that it was used during Dawson's era with the Cubs so the bat is being returned.

I forgot to thank Scott and Emann for posting the issue with the Dawson bat . . .

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan View Post
    I forgot to thank Scott and Emann for posting the issue with the Dawson bat . . .
    No problem. Glad to hear you worked it out with John.
    SCOTT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]