Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Re: Bonds Confiscated Collector's Memorabilia

We all know Barry Bonds is one of the greatest players of all time and is being picked on. But the truth be told is that he has brought all of this on himself "I'm Barry Bonds and You're Not" We punish people who get caught doing something wrong in our society. He didn't have to bring anyone else into his arena to try to cover up his mess. Barry couldv'e got out of this mess 2 years ago, just like Pete Rose. They chose to fight and thought they were above the law. Barry Bonds is not a good person trust me, but he belongs in the Hall of Fame.

My web site for Brandon Webb is WWW.webbsite17.com. Thank you for your interest. Brandon is one of the top ten pitchers in the majors since he has come up in 2003. He will end up on the east coast in 4 years with a better team and will be recognized than.

Jeff-

Welcome to the forum. I think I can speak for everyone here when i say we look forward to any insight you have on this Bonds memorabilia situation.

Personally, I would love to hear details about the day Bonds and the FBI showed up at your door. Must have been surreal.

I will check out your site right away!
    Eric

Bonds,

He deserves to go to jail and so does Palmerio. Barry has never been out of the public eye. His lame ESPN show, interviews, and his off field antics (dressing up like a woman) goes to show you he doesn't care. He is so full of shi_. There may have been hundreds of guys doing steroids at the same time Bonds was doing them, but HE always reminded everyone of how great he was with his arrogance and flashiness. Is it fair to single out Bonds? No, but when you put yourself in the lime light purposely, you better be able to reap the reprocussions that will follow. If I or any other regular Joe lied in front of a grand jury, you better believe we would sitting in the pokey. Bonds, Palmerio, Giambi, McGwire, Canseco, and Selig tarnished the games image. Now, the media looks at every player who hits Bombs on a regular basis and asks the question "Is He Juiced?" What a shame. I love baseball and always will, but there are not many guys coming out of the late 80' and early 90's that can hold a candle to guys like Dimaggio, Aaron, Maris, or Mantle.

Banned

Very well said-nice summary. I was on the field in Philadelphia a few years ago when they played the Giants, and know first hand what a total prick Bonds is. Several kids on the field with me asked for his autograph, and all went home with nothing. No photos with Bonds, no autographs, not even a handshake. His ego and lack of interest in the fans was amazing, to say the least.

In terms of your statement, "there are not many guys coming out of the late 80' and early 90's that can hold a candle to guys like Dimaggio, Aaron, Maris, or Mantle". How about two of my favorites, Mike Schmidt and Ripken? I dare you to try to dig up any dirt on these two (O.K., so Schmidt did wear a wig one time in Philly!). Another player who I don't collect, however, must be considered is Pujols-seems like a great player on and off the field.

Again, a nice post.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

I knew they were coming to my house. I had to hire a lawyer. Any time you deal with the feds you must protect yourself. Barry called me every other day for about 4 months asking me for help againist Hoskins and trying to talk me into believing that Hoskins was stealing from him and that he (Barry) would never sell his game used items. I can go over the entire senario it would take days.
    Jeff

Hello Jeff:

Welcome to the forum. I am wondering, you had been collecting Barry's game used equipment at that point for many years. How is it that Barry would suggest that he would never sell his game used stuff, when obviously being the hugh Bonds collector that you were, you had been collecting his game used for many years which he had to know. If it was not a problem for ten plus years how did it all of a sudden become such a hugh matter?

When Bonds showed up with the feds, did they literally rip items off your walls and out of your displays and take them out of your house with no explanation other than Barry said these are stolen?

This is just a sad, sad story. I cannot imagine what I would feel like if I had collected literally hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of a players memorabilia over the years and then have the player turn around and treat me like that. I would be devastated and angry all at the same time.

Thanks
    Brett Herman
    brettherman2131@hotmail.com