Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bonds Confiscated Collector's Memorabilia

Bonds,

He deserves to go to jail and so does Palmerio. Barry has never been out of the public eye. His lame ESPN show, interviews, and his off field antics (dressing up like a woman) goes to show you he doesn't care. He is so full of shi_. There may have been hundreds of guys doing steroids at the same time Bonds was doing them, but HE always reminded everyone of how great he was with his arrogance and flashiness. Is it fair to single out Bonds? No, but when you put yourself in the lime light purposely, you better be able to reap the reprocussions that will follow. If I or any other regular Joe lied in front of a grand jury, you better believe we would sitting in the pokey. Bonds, Palmerio, Giambi, McGwire, Canseco, and Selig tarnished the games image. Now, the media looks at every player who hits Bombs on a regular basis and asks the question "Is He Juiced?" What a shame. I love baseball and always will, but there are not many guys coming out of the late 80' and early 90's that can hold a candle to guys like Dimaggio, Aaron, Maris, or Mantle.

Banned

Very well said-nice summary. I was on the field in Philadelphia a few years ago when they played the Giants, and know first hand what a total prick Bonds is. Several kids on the field with me asked for his autograph, and all went home with nothing. No photos with Bonds, no autographs, not even a handshake. His ego and lack of interest in the fans was amazing, to say the least.

In terms of your statement, "there are not many guys coming out of the late 80' and early 90's that can hold a candle to guys like Dimaggio, Aaron, Maris, or Mantle". How about two of my favorites, Mike Schmidt and Ripken? I dare you to try to dig up any dirt on these two (O.K., so Schmidt did wear a wig one time in Philly!). Another player who I don't collect, however, must be considered is Pujols-seems like a great player on and off the field.

Again, a nice post.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

I was listening to one of the ESPN radio shows the other days and the question was brought upon the show is how the witch hunt is on Bonds but how people have forgave and forgotten what Giambi has done. I feel that here in America we forgive people that make mistakes (Nixion, Giambi, Rose, Clinton and so on) if they ask for our forgiveness. But people do not forget if a person is a jerk and continues to act like a jerk like Bonds. Just my 2 cents
    John

There is not a man I hate more in the game of baseball than Barry Bonds. A classless, racist jerk who deserves to rot in prison for his defamation to the very fibers that make up the game of baseball!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf
    Very well said-nice summary. I was on the field in Philadelphia a few years ago when they played the Giants, and know first hand what a total prick Bonds is. Several kids on the field with me asked for his autograph, and all went home with nothing. No photos with Bonds, no autographs, not even a handshake. His ego and lack of interest in the fans was amazing, to say the least.

In terms of your statement, "there are not many guys coming out of the late 80' and early 90's that can hold a candle to guys like Dimaggio, Aaron, Maris, or Mantle". How about two of my favorites, Mike Schmidt and Ripken? I dare you to try to dig up any dirt on these two (O.K., so Schmidt did wear a wig one time in Philly!). Another player who I don't collect, however, must be considered is Pujols-seems like a great player on and off the field.

Again, a nice post.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard,

I stated players coming out in the late 80's and 90's. Schmidt was at the end of his career and Ripken started before the Roids craze. I am sure there are more players that are possible HOFers that experimented or used roids on a consistent basis that haven't been caught. Who knows? These ALLEGATIONS hurt baseball and the current players who play the game the way it is supposed to be played. What is the resolve? Drug test the way the olympics athletes are tested. I forgot to mention other people that are just as guilty such as; trainers, MLB Players Union, and some coaches. Yes, these people turned a blind eye as well. The only people that lose are the fans and HOFers whose records are in jeopardy from these so-called immortal baseball players.

Just to clarify though, there is still no reliable test according to many experts for HGH. Until one is developed no amount of testing in the world will completely clean this problem up. Nobody mentions Football which also does not test for HGH. Is anyone suggesting that some of the 350 pound linemen who are benchpressing over 600 pounds are not possibly taking HGH? Yet all we hear about is baseball, baseball, baseball. I am not saying that Selig and others in the front office did not screw up, but lets be fair. No other sport tests for HGH either and the current MLB policy really cannot improve on the cheating until better testing is readily available and even then, Donald Fehr will fight tooth and nail to prevent additional testing from getting passed through just has he has done all along.

Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle
    Just to clarify though, there is still no reliable test according to many experts for HGH. Until one is developed no amount of testing in the world will completely clean this problem up. Nobody mentions Football which also does not test for HGH. Is anyone suggesting that some of the 350 pound linemen who are benchpressing over 600 pounds are not possibly taking HGH? Yet all we hear about is baseball, baseball, baseball. I am not saying that Selig and others in the front office did not screw up, but lets be fair. No other sport tests for HGH either and the current MLB policy really cannot improve on the cheating until better testing is readily available and even then, Donald Fehr will fight tooth and nail to prevent additional testing from getting passed through just has he has done all along.

Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com
    It's quite fair to go after baseball and its instituition cosidering it is "Our National Pastime". Any other business you get caught cheating or frauding your company, you are FIRED or GO TO JAIL. Baseball players make more money on average than any other sport in the United States. That is why the media kills these so-called stars of the game when they screw up or cheat. You are right when it comes to HGH, but that still doesn't mean that the MLB can't test to Olympic Standards and adopt testing for HGH when it does come out. You have to remember this is a business that sells STATS and ACCOLADES of these players. Guys like BONDS taint the STATS and what baseball means to the fan period...

It may be our National Pastime, but it certainly is not our most popular sport. All I am saying is that we need to be fair and not throw baseball under the bus by itself. MLB has certainly not done itself any favors with the botched handling of testing or lack thereof over the past 15 years as well as turning a blind eye to everything all in the name of increased profits. I too agree that whatever testing that is available should be used but as long as HGH cannot be properly tested for any player that can get his hands on HGH or other designed substances that are undetectable that wants that edge will continue to cheat.

Brett

I knew they were coming to my house. I had to hire a lawyer. Any time you deal with the feds you must protect yourself. Barry called me every other day for about 4 months asking me for help againist Hoskins and trying to talk me into believing that Hoskins was stealing from him and that he (Barry) would never sell his game used items. I can go over the entire senario it would take days.
    Jeff

Just so you know players have admitted taking steriods back in the early seventies. They have been around since the 60's. The difference is players drank all day and now they work out. Don't forget the most important drug thay have for the old guys (Human growth hormones) the fountain of youth drug. You should see how it helps their eye sight. Sports have been trying every drug that gives them an edge. Technology has come a long way.