Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Anyone know how it went for?
    20x more than it should have.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

Banned

Re: MLB Authenticators for Strasburg's 1st game

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    The game used 2nd K ball went for $20,010.00. Debut Lineup card: $3,010.
    Auto'd non-GU baseball: $805 (this is the biggest surprise to me)
    Wow $805 for a signed regular ball of a living 21 year old who will probably sign 100,000s of 1,000s of baseballs in his life has got to be a record. Even if he is the next Koufax his autograph won't be worth that much. Heck Koufax himself is not worth near that. That is double what the most expensive active player which is probably Pujols or Ichiro commands. You could get a Mantle for less than that and he died 15 years ago! In a month or so when signed balls hit the market for $200-300 who ever bought this will feel dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Wow $805 for a signed regular ball of a living 21 year old who will probably sign 100,000s of 1,000s of baseballs in his life has got to be a record. Even if he is the next Koufax his autograph won't be worth that much. Heck Koufax himself is not worth near that. That is double what the most expensive active player which is probably Pujols or Ichiro commands. You could get a Mantle for less than that and he died 15 years ago! In a month or so when signed balls hit the market for $200-300 who ever bought this will feel dumb.
    Yep, $805 for a signed baseball when you can buy MLB authenticated balls for under $500 on eBay.

I got offered a game ready MLB hologram'd auto'd ball from his debut game for $1,000. I am still contemplating.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Apparently he signed like crazy at Comerica Park inside the stadium. Just saying, dont get into the hype. I saw it with Kaz Matsui, Ichiro. Matsui is a joke and Ichiro signs and is relatively affordable, dont waste your money. Just wait.

-Tony