• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tacprc
    • Apr 2008

Re: Pete Rose FYIs

fyi, Here's an interesting quote from page 145 of "Countdown To Cobb."

"Wednesday, July 24

... I had two singles today, which leaves me 31 hits short of breaking the Cobb record. We've got 70 games to go.

I singled to right in the first inning off Rick Aguilera to give us a 1-0 lead. He threw me the same pitch that I had swung on and missed before. I just choked up on the bat a little more the second time. Made the bat lighter and quicker. He was throwing a little harder than I thought."

This makes me wonder why Rose would need to use a lighter, corked bat if he could just choke up on his regular bat.

Comment

• Neely8
      • Apr 2006

Why don't you just post the whole book in this thread? I'm not quite sure what your point is here.

Comment

• nycpropain
        • Sep 2009

Can you post the part where he denies cheating over and over again only to admit it years later.

I hope you are not quoting this lying degenerates book as truth, the dude has a long history of lying.

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by tacprc
          fyi, Here's an interesting quote from page 145 of "Countdown To Cobb."

"Wednesday, July 24

... I had two singles today, which leaves me 31 hits short of breaking the Cobb record. We've got 70 games to go.

I singled to right in the first inning off Rick Aguilera to give us a 1-0 lead. He threw me the same pitch that I had swung on and missed before. I just choked up on the bat a little more the second time. Made the bat lighter and quicker. He was throwing a little harder than I thought."

This makes me wonder why Rose would need to use a lighter, corked bat if he could just choke up on his regular bat.
          Because he might have believed the cork gave him an advantage, a little extra pop off the bat. This was before several studies and tests were done to see if cork actually helped. It's the reason why anyone from baseball would try cork....because everyone is always looking for an edge.

Comment

• otismalibu
            • Nov 2005

FYI...

If you punch Pete Rose Bat into an anagram engine you get Operate Bets.
            Greg
            DrJStuff.com

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
              • May 2009

Comment

Working...