Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Who is better Kobe or Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    Michael is on a different level than both of them because he IS basketball. He changed the way the game was played. He changed the marketing of the game which is the reason kids saved entire allowances to buy a pair of his shoes hoping that it could in some way make them jump like Mike. Kid's on playgrounds stuck there tongue out and wore baggy shorts. Kobe modeled his entire game after MJ and Lebron started playing ball because of him. Michael is the ultimate figure in basketball, both Lebron and Kobe could and never will even try to compare themselves to Mike.
    You still didn't answer my question. Your say Lebron stats are better then Kobe, so that makes lebron better. But you cant compare stats when it comes to MJ???? How about Magic then, since Lebron stats are better then Magic, is he better then Magic. Stats are what they are NUMBERS..... Numbers don't win championships Heart, Determination, Work Ethic does, in those categories Lebron is behind Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    You still didn't answer my question. Your say Lebron stats are better then Kobe, so that makes lebron better. But you cant compare stats when it comes to MJ???? How about Magic then, since Lebron stats are better then Magic, is he better then Magic. Stats are what they are NUMBERS..... Numbers don't win championships Heart, Determination, Work Ethic does, in those categories Lebron is behind Kobe.
    What I said was that I feel Lebron is better in several areas of the game personally and the stats back that up. If you want to compare stats with MJ and Kobe go right ahead because MJ stats are pretty damn good......Michael also appeared in 6 NBA finals and won all 6 while taking Finals MVP honors for all 6 of them....Kobe will never compare himself to MJ and he shouldn't MJ is on a level all by himself.

Again why do stats make someone better?

Stats are what separate the good from the bad, the great from the good. Thats like trying to say Brendan Ryan (Cardinals shortstop) is as good as Albert Pujols because stats don't make someone better. Maybe I missed your point but stats are very important.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by flota89 View Post
    Stats are what separate the good from the bad, the great from the good. Thats like trying to say Brendan Ryan (Cardinals shortstop) is as good as Albert Pujols because stats don't make someone better. Maybe I missed your point but stats are very important.
    Had to throw Brendan into this thread. Him and Kobe are my display picture.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Worth watching:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RxKoi__4Sg

How many points did Wilt hit from the outside, when he scored 100?
    How many of you folks could hit 81 playing against a sixth grader?

I dislike Kobe and I think he is in love with himself. But 82 points is 82 points. Kobe is the greatest L.A. Laker ever.

Quote Originally Posted by flota89 View Post
    My point was two player that are separated by fractions in statistical categories, can not determine the better player. There are more to sports then numbers. The will to win ways heavier then a 1 point difference in scoring, to determine greatness.

My point was two player that are separated by fractions in statistical categories, can not determine the better player. There are more to sports then numbers. The will to win ways heavier then a 1 point difference in scoring, to determine greatness.
    Ok in that case I see what your saying. I dont know how close the stats are between Kobe and Lebron (not an NBA fan) so I can't really say how much better Lebron's stats are or aren't.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

This is a joke question,right? I mean come on it is not even a doubt-it's kobe.And the score is 5-0.Its a team sport the last time i checked and kobe makes his team better.And lebron just makes his own personal stats better.Its not about mvp's,its about nba championship's.Kobe bryant is the best player ever!!!!!Yes i said it.......

Some people are just "stat" people.And they rate a player by them as they think thats the measure of greatness.However i am not one of those people.As i think sometimes "stats" are the most over used things in sports.Not the same game and the same era so "stats" are not a good measure.I don't care what sport,"stats" are not everything.And i think the only "stat" that measures the impact of a player in a team sport like basketball is championships.Great players make thier team better.Players that care about thier own "stats" don;t win championships.Do you think kobe cared about his points last night as much as he cared about winning the game.He does'nt care about his own scoring,he just cares that they score.And for the people that might say he has a ego.Or is in love with himself.What pro player does'nt.Are you telling me none the celticks have that "spotlight" look them.Which means they are playing for the camera.Noone does it more than garnet.Again to me "stats" are so overrated to measure greatness.