Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Braves fans: Look and be amazed

Wow, nice score Kyle!

I'm shocked no one else bid on it, you got a great price on one of the hottest rookies.

I gotta ask....is it for your collection or are you gonna flip it?

congrats kyle, hope you were able to photomatch from your personal collection!

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    FLIP IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!

Unless Heyward goes to the Hall of Fame, his value is as high as it ever will be right now.
    I disagree.

For $450, I would hold onto it unless I received an unreal offer. There are many non HOFers whose GU jersey value far exceeds $450.

Nice pickup, and I hpe he comes back soon - I need him on my fantasy team
    looking for Phillies GU bats

Quote Originally Posted by Tedw9 View Post
    Wow, nice score Kyle!

I'm shocked no one else bid on it, you got a great price on one of the hottest rookies.
    The average fan who attends a Major League has no idea what the value of game used memorabilia is.....I'm sure the majority of the people who did happen to see it thought $450 was ridiculous....

Nice pickup, Kyle!

I hate that I even know it went for so cheap.

What a steal!

I wish I attended the game.

Let us know if you photomatch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    I disagree.

For $450, I would hold onto it unless I received an unreal offer. There are many non HOFers whose GU jersey value far exceeds $450.
    It's simple economics. Heyward is a mega hyped rookie that just made the All Star Team and Kyles jersey may be the only one in the hobby. I'm sure there's many well-healed clueless collectors that would throw big dollars at a jersey from Heyward. The longer you hold onto the jersey, the better the chances of the value dropping to what Kyle paid for it. There's also the chance that Heyward might start marketing every jersey he wears which will kill his value. Of course, Heyward could become the next Pujols or Jeter, but that's the risk you take.

Case in point. I had the option to buy a nice Gordon Beckham jersey last year, but passed since he was also a hyped rookie. This year Beckham is struggling to break the Mendoza line and his value has dropped. You just never know with this stuff.

Whatever Kyle does with the jersey, I'm sure he'll be happy with it. Finding those nice deals don't happen as much as they used to.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks guys! And yes, I am VERY tempted to flip the jersey, but I do though want it for my collection. I'm just worried that it really will drop severely in value over the years. I'm going to start looking for photomatches today. I guess that will really depend if I sell it or not. I've already confirmed from some full-resolution images that it isn't his Opening Day jersey (wasn't really expecting it to though). But hopefully I'll find something

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    The average fan who attends a Major League has no idea what the value of game used memorabilia is.....I'm sure the majority of the people who did happen to see it thought $450 was ridiculous....

Nice pickup, Kyle!

That's exactly right. All I saw were regular fans coming in and out of the room with all the memorabilia in it. Every item they had in the auction had either 1 bid or none.

I'm ready to buy... or trade
    justinbittner220@hotmail.com