Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Braves fans: Look and be amazed

It truly was a one time only deal too. The people who run the Braves Foundation Auction and the people who run the Game Used merchandise are two separate entities within the Braves organization.(I dealt with this before with an issue with an item I bought at the auction.) If they had a hard time getting a Heyward jersey before it will be about impossible after they just sold the one they got for only $450.

To touch on STLHAMMER32's comments on Jeff Francouer. He not only had the talent,(29 HR, 103 RBI in first full season.),potential,(22 years of age and a first round pick of the Braves.)and popularity,(I still see at least 20 Francouer shirts every game I go to) His situation mirrors Jason Heyward very closely.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    It truly was a one time only deal too. The people who run the Braves Foundation Auction and the people who run the Game Used merchandise are two separate entities within the Braves organization.(I dealt with this before with an issue with an item I bought at the auction.) If they had a hard time getting a Heyward jersey before it will be about impossible after they just sold the one they got for only $450.

To touch on STLHAMMER32's comments on Jeff Francouer. He not only had the talent,(29 HR, 103 RBI in first full season.),potential,(22 years of age and a first round pick of the Braves.)and popularity,(I still see at least 20 Francouer shirts every game I go to) His situation mirrors Jason Heyward very closely.
    By talent I mean the type that gets the attention and respect from hall of famers and current teammates. Everyone that has seen him hit in bp and watched him develop walk away stunned at his ability. Francouer is a nice player that came in guns blazing. I know he was popular among braves fans and a fan favorite but thats not what I mean by popularity....I am talking about Rookie year starting outfielder type popularity. Heyward is very very popular all over. Francouer's mlb debut was not nearly as anticipated by teammates and the media like Heywards was. To me the popularity level and interest isn't very close.

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    By talent I mean the type that gets the attention and respect from hall of famers and current teammates. Everyone that has seen him hit in bp and watched him develop walk away stunned at his ability. Francouer is a nice player that came in guns blazing. I know he was popular among braves fans and a fan favorite but thats not what I mean by popularity....I am talking about Rookie year starting outfielder type popularity. Heyward is very very popular all over. Francouer's mlb debut was not nearly as anticipated by teammates and the media like Heywards was. To me the popularity level and interest isn't very close.

Meant Rookie ALL STAR GAME starting outfielder, sorry!

Not to hijack this thread (and if you want to sell it Kyle, add me to the people who are interested) but Hammer, I beg to differ. When Frenchie came up, the hype was ridiculous. How about his Sports Illustrated cover? The Natural? How can anyone be this good?

Is Heyward a better player and looks to have a really nice career in front of him? Sure. But Frenchie was supposed to be as good. Perhaps people talk more outside of Atlanta about Heyward but if you followed the Braves, it is eerie how similar the hype machine sounds for 2010 Heyward and 2006 Francoeur
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Not to hijack this thread (and if you want to sell it Kyle, add me to the people who are interested) but Hammer, I beg to differ. When Frenchie came up, the hype was ridiculous. How about his Sports Illustrated cover? The Natural? How can anyone be this good?

Is Heyward a better player and looks to have a really nice career in front of him? Sure. But Frenchie was supposed to be as good. Perhaps people talk more outside of Atlanta about Heyward but if you followed the Braves, it is eerie how similar the hype machine sounds for 2010 Heyward and 2006 Francoeur
    Haha, point well taken with the Sports Illustrated cover! I remember how hot he was and I still think he is talented (unbelievable arm).... I just meant from a standpoint of Hall of famers giving him praise, teammates showing him respect as a rookie its pretty crazy. The biggest difference that I see is the huge fan base outside of Atlanta.

Personally, I never bought into the hype of Francouer as a hitter and I see so much in Heyward so I guess my own bias is clouding my view of things!

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    I won it in a silent auction today at Turner Field. I was the only bidder, and got it for the opening price of $450
    Very nice pickup. I can never get that lucky!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Congrats Kyle! Man, if I would've known there was an auction, I would've gone down too... Oh wells.. Hopefully, next time

I say keep it for now bro! Whatever you do, best of luck

I'm still interested if you want to sell or trade...

I'm still currently learning more on selling the jersey, and I am trying to think of a proper pricetag for it. I will be e-mailing those who inquired about the jersey first, so the first person who asked about it will have the first chance to buy it, just to be fair. I've got about 10 collectors interested as of now, and will be e-mailing them in that order once I have a price set. I don't want to overprice it, yet at the same time I don't want to get under what I could be getting for it.

I don't want to overprice it, yet at the same time I don't want to get under what I could be getting for it.
    The only way it's overpriced is if you can't move it. Get everything you can and don't fall for the BS. It will most likely be back on the market shortly after you sell it, with a piece of paper that has the number 10 and word impeccable somewhere on the page.