Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
Well if thats the case then Robert Horry is better than both of them! 7 rings.....How do you judge how good a player is...to me its every aspect of the game. Rebounding, defense, passing, scoring...

Is Kobe a better rebounder....no.
Is kobe a better passer...no
Is kobe better defensively....no
Is kobe a better scorer...possibly

Kobe is a clutch player and one hell of a basketball player....but to me the ring argument does not make much sense....was bill cartwright better than Karl malone or John paxson better than John Stockton? My point is that rings don't necessarily mean you are a better player its just means you are very fortunate and in a position to win one. Kobe has been very fortunate with a successful franchise with a history of winning while Lebron entered Franchise that was a basement team....now he single handedly has rejuvenated the team....

If you put Lebron on the Lakers this year they still win a title, if you put Kobe on the Cavs they still lose....anyone think differently.
Your argument misses the point that Kobe unlike Horry, Paxton or Cartwright was a driving force behind the Championships he has won from day one of the season until the final game of the Finals. Even when Shaq was a Laker in his prime Kobe was still a huge reason that the team won.

Wilt Chamberlain was stats wise the best player in NBA history even better than Jordan but most people rank him below Jordan, Bill Russell and one or two other players on the list of all time great players because his teams failed so often in the postseason and often to Russell who had a far, far superior supporting cast and the greatest coach ever behind him. This is even more increadible when you consider that Wilt still managed to win two rings.

In the NBA very, very few alltime greats have not won a ring and they suffer for it when it comes to ranking them the same way NFL QBS do. I watched Marino and Elway their entire careers Marino was a much better QB especially stat wise but yet Elway is ranked higher by almost every expert because he won the big game.

Lebron has failed to get it done under pressure in the postseason time and time again especially this year. He is not exactely alone out there either Jamison, Williams and Shaq are not exactely slouches. The Lakers guys other than Gasol are not even allstars. Odom, Artest and Fisher are nice complimentary players but they are far from stars.