Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Julio Franco 1999 Devil Rays jersey

I am looking for a Julio Franco DeviL Rays game worn jersey, Julio only played in one game for the rays in 1999, I know it is a long shot, but thought I'd try anyways.

Re: Julio Franco 1999 Devil Rays jersey

I just found this on eBay, probably his only D-Rays bat. Pretty sweet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Used-Bat-Ju...QQcmdZViewItem

left field collectibles had 2 - C-243 Julio Franco Devil Rays bats . I got the other .Name:  franco1.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  155.9 KB

That would be an amazing find to get his jersey. Anyone know much about this 1 game stint for Franco in Tampa. When was the game. I was surprised he even has 2 Louisville Slugger bats with Tamps Bay on them out there, nice rare bats. Did he go to spring training or anything with them. Was the game he played in home or away?....

it was a home game he struck out in his only at bat

So with what camerokids said, that means there are 4 known Julio Franco Devil Rays bats, which also means that 3 would have to be issued then, right? But all are said to be game used. Something sounds fishy

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    So with what camerokids said, that means there are 4 known Julio Franco Devil Rays bats, which also means that 3 would have to be issued then, right? But all are said to be game used. Something sounds fishy
    That is why I was wondering if he went to spring training with them. Was he in the minors for them at all. Wonder how many bats he ordered? He was out of MLB for the prior couple seasons before, gets into 1 game there and is gone again for a few more seasons. Was he on the team for awhile, but just never got into games. I can see a few bats getting use in BP if he was on the roster, but just never got into games.....

Since the bats are usually the property of the player Julio probably took the bats with him. I believe he played in the Mexican league in 2000 and 2001 before the Braves signed him so more than likely that's where the bats went after he left Tampa Bay.

At any rate, thanks for posting the link, I was able to work out a trade with Art at Left Field for the other bat. My Franco collection is coming along nicely. If anyone has any Franco items that want to move let me know.

Abe

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    That is why I was wondering if he went to spring training with them. Was he in the minors for them at all. Wonder how many bats he ordered? He was out of MLB for the prior couple seasons before, gets into 1 game there and is gone again for a few more seasons. Was he on the team for awhile, but just never got into games. I can see a few bats getting use in BP if he was on the roster, but just never got into games.....

I did some searching and found out he played for the Devil Rays on September 22,1999 so that means he couldn't have been with them in spring training. Still not sure why there's 4 bats though. There's possibly even more of them out there

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kid4hof03 View Post
    Since the bats are usually the property of the player Julio probably took the bats with him. I believe he played in the Mexican league in 2000 and 2001 before the Braves signed him so more than likely that's where the bats went after he left Tampa Bay.

At any rate, thanks for posting the link, I was able to work out a trade with Art at Left Field for the other bat. My Franco collection is coming along nicely. If anyone has any Franco items that want to move let me know.

Abe
    Abe,
    I have a really rare Julio Franco Signed Promo Poster here is the picture it was a promo item when played in japan I'm friends with a long time friend of julios and have many gu items of his email me at airtron1@hotmail.com if intrested
    Attached Images Attached Images