Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Alex Rodriguez jersey sizes?

Hello members. Does anyone have a list from 98-02 for ARod's jersey sizes? I've seen them all over the place and want to get some accuate numbers. Thanks in advance.
    Scott

Banned

Re: Alex Rodriguez jersey sizes?

I have a 2003 Alex Rodriguez Jersey size 52 I hope this helps!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    I have a 2003 Alex Rodriguez Jersey size 52 I hope this helps!!!
    Jason,

Is that the one from Steiner? Is it still available? I'm still looking for one. Thanks,

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Sportscentury no, this one is authenticated by MLB.
    Unfortunately this one is not for sale, this one is from my own personal collection.
    If I hear of anything I will let you know.

Banned

I have a 2004 road yankees jersey that was obtained directly from one of my clients on the team. Its a size 52 plus 2"on the sleeve and 2" extra length. I have seen mostly 52 in texas with the extra lengths on the sleeve and length. But alot of his Mariners items changed over the years.....He sold some rookie shirts with size 48 tagging and no extra length tags. Then I saw a size 48 with extra length only. He is very consistant with his sizes after the Mariners !!!

Thanks,
    Juan Iglesias

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    Sportscentury no, this one is authenticated by MLB.
    Unfortunately this one is not for sale, this one is from my own personal collection.
    If I hear of anything I will let you know.
    Jason,

Thanks for your response. I'm blown away that there is yet another 2003 AROD gamer out there that is not a MeiGray shirt. As a friendly suggestion, I would check that shirt out with MeiGray (they can check the serial-numbered tag in their system as those tags were applied by the Rangers, not MeiGray) ... I've heard that there have been some mix-ups with the MLB-authenticated items. When MeiGray received the shipment of 2002-2003 Rangers jerseys, I drove to meet with them and go through the inventory in their offices. To the best of my recollection, I remember seeing two homes, two roads, and two alternates for AROD in their possession, so I am somewhat mystified, unless the shirt you have a Set 3 shirt, which would definitely explain it. But I would check with them so that you can know exactly what you have. Hope this helps,

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Could Steiner have bought jerseys from MeiGray and removed the MeiGray certification and added their own certification? I have no clue, but it sounds reasonable based on the jersey Reid and Jason have been discussing.

Banned

Joel-
    I was not aware that Steiner adds their own identification patch to jerseys. Is this indeed the case?

It's a bit hard to believe they would remove the MeiGray patch and add a Steiner patch in its place. Brandon Steiner may have a huge ego and desires his name to be seen EVERYWHERE (TV, stadium team stores, internet, etc.), but at the end of the day he is also a sharp businessman and would not intentionally deface a jersey.

How comfortable would you be buying a 2003 Arod Rangers jersey void of the MeiGray tagging and paerwork, even if it did have some type if Steiner LOA or identification patch? Not me!

Maybe Barry Meisel would like to address this.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

I only ask because I know Reid and Jason have discussed a jersey that Jason has/had that was a jersey that could fit the description of the conversation and the thoughts I previously posted above.

If I remember correctly, it is an Alex Rodriguez Texas Rangers game used jersey with Steiner authentication. Forgive me if I am wrong, but if such a jersey exists, we would all love to see photos of the jersey's detail and the accompanying authentication.

I have no clue, but it would be neat to see the jersey Jason has since none of us have ever seen such an item from Steiner.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    I only ask because I know Reid and Jason have discussed a jersey that Jason has/had that was a jersey that could fit the description of the conversation and the thoughts I previously posted above.

If I remember correctly, it is an Alex Rodriguez Texas Rangers game used jersey with Steiner authentication. Forgive me if I am wrong, but if such a jersey exists, we would all love to see photos of the jersey's detail and the accompanying authentication.

I have no clue, but it would be neat to see the jersey Jason has since none of us have ever seen such an item from Steiner.
    Joel,

The jersey that you are speaking of is the original one that I asked Jason about in this thread. Actually, I'd like to see the one that Steiner authenticated as well as this one that MLB has authenticated.

MeiGray can be trusted 100% (that says a lot in this day and age) and, again, I did see all of the home, road, and alternate AROD jerseys (each individually serial-tagged) myself when I was there.

I know there were a lot (A LOT) of Set 3 jerseys that were bought by AROD himself for his own "distribution" (I've seen many of these, too, and this was a topic of several different threads on game used forum before the merger). So, if they are Set 3s, then that would clear things up. None of the ones at MeiGray were Set 3 (because the team didn't order Set 3s, at least not in 2003 or any year that I reviewed).

I'm not suggesting that the jerseys are not good as we've all seen many unusual things turn up in this hobby (part of what makes the hobby fun), but I really would like to see the scans. And, again, if they are serial-tagged (with the tags that were added by the Rangers), then they can easily be checked with MeiGray against their records. I'm just curious and would love to see photos of either (preferably both)!

Reid

P.S. To answer the original thread quesiton: I've owned many AROD jerseys. His size has fluctuated a little but here are the general sizes by team:
    Mariners: 48/50 (sometimes with plus 2 inches extra length)
    Rangers: 50/52
    Yankees: 50/52
    I have seen or owned jerseys of each of these sizes for the team specified that I know for a fact were real.