Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Cubs Carlos Zambrano suspended after tirade!

Watch the link and read Derrek Lee's lips.....pretty funny!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Re: Cubs Carlos Zambrano suspended after tirade!

I guess i cannot read lips. What did derrek lee say???

Banned

eh zambrano is such a waste. all the talent in the world and he wastes it. that is the danger of a guy getting a big long term deal when he is young.

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    I guess i cannot read lips. What did derrek lee say???
    First it looks like he tells him to "shut the f*ck up" and then says "that's bull$hit".

I wouldn't be shocked if Zambrano just decided one random day that he was done. He is a total waste of money and talent.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

seems to me, and I dont watch enough cubs games, but it looks like a guy who wants to win like crazy and is stuck behind a team of under achievers.....

The Cubs have seemingly done less with more for years, and Zambrano has been there for all of it, and he is probably and (understatement coming) frustrated by it.....the cubs should trade him if they dont like his conduct...they cant trade the other 24, so trade the one, dump the salary, get SOME-thing in return and blow it up....

Blowing it up seems unlikely though, what did that guy pay for wrigley and the cubs....600 million ?? 'blowing it up' might not be in the cards...

Quote Originally Posted by apfriz View Post
    seems to me, and I dont watch enough cubs games, but it looks like a guy who wants to win like crazy and is stuck behind a team of under achievers.....

The Cubs have seemingly done less with more for years, and Zambrano has been there for all of it, and he is probably and (understatement coming) frustrated by it.....the cubs should trade him if they dont like his conduct...they cant trade the other 24, so trade the one, dump the salary, get SOME-thing in return and blow it up....

Blowing it up seems unlikely though, what did that guy pay for wrigley and the cubs....600 million ?? 'blowing it up' might not be in the cards...
    Come on! Z gave up a three run homer and he's yelling at his teammates for not diving. That means he wants to win?!?!? GIVE ME A BREAK! He acted like a twelve year old.

I agree that the team needs to be gutted. The only guys I'd keep right now are Byrd, Colvin, Castro, Cashner, and possibly Marmol, Dempster, Theriot, and Silva. Everyone else can go, starting with Jim Hendry.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by apfriz View Post

They cant blow it up unlike the NFL, the contracts are fully guarenteed. Noone will trade for any of the big money guys unless they did what the Angels did to dump Gary Matthews Jr. earlier this year, pay nearly the entire obscene salary for them to pay for other teams. If they outright cut them they would pay a fortune in wasted salaries. They pay Soriano, Zambrano, Ramirez, Lee and others like stars when they are not. None of these guys is close to being a franchise player and they should not be paid as if they are. Their farm system is also so thin that they don't have anything to trade to get a difference maker.