Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First Dick LeBeau, then Dino Ciccarelli...who next?

Earlier this year I posted up the fact that former Detroit Lion Dick Lebeau was selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I have his home blue jersey and wondered what his selection would mean to the value of it.
    Now, Dino Ciccarelli has been selected to the Hockey Hall of Fame and likewise I have his 1992-93 Red Wing jersey.
    Who will be next? The road mate of Detroit Tigers pitcher Gallarraga with EH patch or the 2004 championship game patched Ben Wallace Detroit Pistons?
    Larry Pelliccioni

Banned

Re: First Dick LeBeau, then Dino Ciccarelli...who next?

I defintely think Big Ben's a HOFer or at least I hope he is as I also have one of his jerseys. He won a ring went to a second finals, made a bunch of allstar and all defensive teams and was DOP like four timesand one of only men to lead league in boards in blocks in same year.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I defintely think Big Ben's a HOFer or at least I hope he is as I also have one of his jerseys. He won a ring went to a second finals, made a bunch of allstar and all defensive teams and was DOP like four timesand one of only men to lead league in boards in blocks in same year.

The guy averaged 6 pts a game for his career...., he was good defensively but won't even sniff the HOF ..IMO, there are tons of guys ahead of him on that line

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    The guy averaged 6 pts a game for his career...., he was good defensively but won't even sniff the HOF ..IMO, there are tons of guys ahead of him on that line
    The NBA HOF is not that hard to get into. Who who is not in and eligible do you feel should be inducted? I would say Rodman personally but he is not in because the writers just hate him. Mullin is another and Don Nelson as a coach. And Artis Gilmore. But beyond that there really are not many who one could argue deserve induction who are not in unlike say the baseball or football HOFs. How great really was James Worthy or Robert Parish? and they both are relatively recent inductees. I am not saying first ballot but I see Ben getting in at some point.

Ben Wallace in the Hall-of-Fame?
    Survey says...

This is a regular baseball argument, that hoop fans should share.

Artis Gilmore? Artis Freakin' Gilmore!

However, that LeBeau shirt sounds nice...

The fact that Bernard King is not in the Hall is a travesty as big as Gilmore....

The fact that Bernard King is not in the Hall is a travesty as big as Gilmore....
    BK could drop 40+ on you with a bunch of dislocated fingers.

Artis opened up in the ABA, so not as much exposure. Then he went to the Bulls - not exactly an elite team at the time. By the time he was a Spur, he was in his early 30s. A very good team, but always had the Lakers to deal with. Kinda like the Bucks in the east...bad timing.

Not to mention Artis is a quiet guy, not really too concerned with self-promotion. More people probably know about Darryl Dawkins, than A-Train.

Banned

Its amazing how dilluted the Hockey Hall is. Dino Ciccarelli, a HOFer? Is just crazy. I realize they wanted to have an induction ceremony for $$$ reasons and inducting just two women who never played in the NHL was not going to draw crowds from miles around and Dino will draw in the Wings fans but this is just the latest questionable induction in the past few years. Glenn Andersson, Larry Murphy were others that stick out. Personally I would have inducted Bure because although he had injury problems he was actually a dominant player for awhile there.

I realize they wanted to have an induction ceremony for $$$ reasons and inducting just two women who never played in the NHL was not going to draw crowds from miles around and Dino will draw in the Wings fans but this is just the latest questionable induction in the past few years.
    Let's just hope Dino shows up in pants.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Its amazing how dilluted the Hockey Hall is. Dino Ciccarelli, a HOFer? Is just crazy. I realize they wanted to have an induction ceremony for $$$ reasons and inducting just two women who never played in the NHL was not going to draw crowds from miles around and Dino will draw in the Wings fans but this is just the latest questionable induction in the past few years. Glenn Andersson, Larry Murphy were others that stick out. Personally I would have inducted Bure because although he had injury problems he was actually a dominant player for awhile there.

He is a +500 goal scorer...if that means anything anymore???