Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Strasburg mania continues - MLB '70 Senators jerseys up

Strasburg and other National's players up on MLB Auctions for their '70 Senators throwback jerseys:

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=125441695

Let's see how high his goes?! $10k at least I say... It's already at $1k in less than 24hrs.

Uhhh, the the mania continues!

Re: Strasburg mania continues - MLB '70 Senators jerseys up

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Strasburg and other National's players up on MLB Auctions for their '70 Senators throwback jerseys:

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=125441695

Let's see how high his goes?! $10k at least I say... It's already at $1k in less than 24hrs.

Uhhh, the the mania continues!
    Since you like Michael Jordan, you will like the Michael Jordan question.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Strasburg has very long fingers and can make the balls dance. He has movement on his pitches which makes him special to go with a 100 MPH fastball and 92 MPH changeup.

Now then, is a jersey he wore in a game he didn't pitch in worth 10K? Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I took some photos of him yesterday in the Throwback:

Name:  strasburg_Nieves_6-26-10.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  39.4 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Ah, didn't know he didn't pitch, just figured since it was "game used". Not following this "Stras mania" is fine for me as I could care less about him or any of his memorabilia.

I still say this "game used" jersey is going to go for a lot more than $1k as it sits now. Maybe not $10k, but definitely a few thousand, as there's lot of suckers out there eating this crap up alive for an unproven MLB player.

Have fun!

Banned

Question for the masses: On Ebay there are a slew (or at least there was the other day) of balls that the seller cites are GU from Strats debut game. They are MLB holoed and they are listed in the MLB database as "game ready" baseballs from Strats debut game. Does anyone know more about this? Is it just like jerseys that the chain of custody broke so MLB wont list them as GU though they are or were they never actually used in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Question for the masses: On Ebay there are a slew (or at least there was the other day) of balls that the seller cites are GU from Strats debut game. They are MLB holoed and they are listed in the MLB database as "game ready" baseballs from Strats debut game. Does anyone know more about this? Is it just like jerseys that the chain of custody broke so MLB wont list them as GU though they are or were they never actually used in the game?

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-STRASBUR...item43a00e1f79

Yes, those are the balls that the umpire still had in his pouch at the end of the game and also balls ready to come into the game that weren't used.

MLB has hologram'd game ready balls before at the World Series and All Star game.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-STRASBUR...item43a00e1f79

Yes, those are the balls that the umpire still had in his pouch at the end of the game and also balls ready to come into the game that weren't used.

MLB has hologram'd game ready balls before at the World Series and All Star game.
    Two groups:

LH556801-5560820
    "GAME-READY BALLS FROM STEPHEN STRASBURG'S MLB DEBUT

LH556821-LH556835
    "GAME-READY BALLS FROM STEPHEN STRASBURG'S MLB DEBUT FROM UMBIRE TOM HALLION'S BALL BAG
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I Talk with some of those Autograph Guys at The Orioles Games And they all say He does not Sign for them or even look up when they Call his Name out.I Wonder if some of those Guys Work because they go to A Different Ball Park like EveryDay.They also do Minor League Parks as well.I collect Autographs also And will get him to Sign A Ball for me SomeDay as He will be around for A Long Time.

Thanks
    Geoff

Banned

Allstar? No way. Tonight was his first bad start not coincidentally against the best team he has faced. By the allstar game he might not even be a .500 pitcher. Has any starting pitcher with say a 2-4 record ever made the AllStar Team? If they go down that road why not just add Michael Stanton, Ike Davis, Buster Posney and all the other rookies who appear to have bright futures but have short big league resumes. There are a slew of worthy NL pitchers: Jimenez should start, Halladay, Tim Linecum and Mike Pelfrey are locks to go. I don't think he will make it because the Nats representative will be either Pudge or Zimmerman since they are among the best at razor thin positions.

Agreed he has been in the league too short a time to put him the HOF. He's a young pitcher with great stuff and command who is still learning his trade. "Bad start" against the Braves is relative. He held them scoreless through 5 innings. In the 6th the shortstop booted what appeared to be a sure double play ball. If the rather routine play had been made he likely gets out of the inning with no runs. Any pitcher is going to have problems handling a situation that should be two outs and a runner on thrid that turns into no outs and the bases loaded. And in his previouls two starts the Nationals scoured 1 and 0 runs while he only gave up 1.

I was at the Braves game yesterday for Strasburg's start and I noticed every single foul ball was picked up by a batboy and thrown straight to an MLB Authenticator sitting right next to Bobby Cox near the dugout. Now you'll see them up in no time on MLB auctions. There were a few that were thrown by Strasburg to Chipper Jones so you'll see some of those for sure fetch high prices. It's crazy.