Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickacs
    • Apr 2009

Strasburg mania continues - MLB '70 Senators jerseys up

Strasburg and other National's players up on MLB Auctions for their '70 Senators throwback jerseys:

Let's see how high his goes?! $10k at least I say... It's already at $1k in less than 24hrs.

Uhhh, the the mania continues!
  • allstarsplus
    • Nov 2005

Re: Strasburg mania continues - MLB '70 Senators jerseys up

Originally posted by nickacs
    Strasburg and other National's players up on MLB Auctions for their '70 Senators throwback jerseys:

Let's see how high his goes?! $10k at least I say... It's already at $1k in less than 24hrs.

Uhhh, the the mania continues!
    Since you like Michael Jordan, you will like the Michael Jordan question.

Strasburg has very long fingers and can make the balls dance. He has movement on his pitches which makes him special to go with a 100 MPH fastball and 92 MPH changeup.

Now then, is a jersey he wore in a game he didn't pitch in worth 10K? Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I took some photos of him yesterday in the Throwback:

Click image for larger version

Name:	strasburg_Nieves_6-26-10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	662294
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Comment

• nickacs
      • Apr 2009

Ah, didn't know he didn't pitch, just figured since it was "game used". Not following this "Stras mania" is fine for me as I could care less about him or any of his memorabilia.

I still say this "game used" jersey is going to go for a lot more than $1k as it sits now. Maybe not $10k, but definitely a few thousand, as there's lot of suckers out there eating this crap up alive for an unproven MLB player.

Have fun!

Comment

• legaleagle92481
        Banned
        • Oct 2009

Question for the masses: On Ebay there are a slew (or at least there was the other day) of balls that the seller cites are GU from Strats debut game. They are MLB holoed and they are listed in the MLB database as "game ready" baseballs from Strats debut game. Does anyone know more about this? Is it just like jerseys that the chain of custody broke so MLB wont list them as GU though they are or were they never actually used in the game?

Comment

• allstarsplus
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
          Question for the masses: On Ebay there are a slew (or at least there was the other day) of balls that the seller cites are GU from Strats debut game. They are MLB holoed and they are listed in the MLB database as "game ready" baseballs from Strats debut game. Does anyone know more about this? Is it just like jerseys that the chain of custody broke so MLB wont list them as GU though they are or were they never actually used in the game?

Yes, those are the balls that the umpire still had in his pouch at the end of the game and also balls ready to come into the game that weren't used.

MLB has hologram'd game ready balls before at the World Series and All Star game.
          Regards,
          Andrew Lang
          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
          202-716-8500

Comment

• joelsabi
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by allstarsplus
            http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-STRASBUR...item43a00e1f79

Yes, those are the balls that the umpire still had in his pouch at the end of the game and also balls ready to come into the game that weren't used.

MLB has hologram'd game ready balls before at the World Series and All Star game.
            Two groups:

LH556801-5560820
            "GAME-READY BALLS FROM STEPHEN STRASBURG'S MLB DEBUT

LH556821-LH556835
            "GAME-READY BALLS FROM STEPHEN STRASBURG'S MLB DEBUT FROM UMBIRE TOM HALLION'S BALL BAG
            Regards,
            Joel S.
            joelsabi @ gmail.com
            Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• allstarsplus
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by joelsabi
              Two groups:

LH556801-5560820
              "GAME-READY BALLS FROM STEPHEN STRASBURG'S MLB DEBUT

LH556821-LH556835
              "GAME-READY BALLS FROM STEPHEN STRASBURG'S MLB DEBUT FROM UMBIRE TOM HALLION'S BALL BAG
              Joel - Thanks for the research. I have never seen them break the holograms down like that. So almost 3 dozen balls in total that were game ready.
              Regards,
              Andrew Lang
              AllstarsPlus@aol.com
              202-716-8500

Comment

• geoff
                • Nov 2005

I was at The Game And Telling my GirlFriend his Jersey will go for like around 5 Grand.She even said but He is not Playing.I told her it does not matter because his Stuff is very Hot right now And People will Pay for his Items.I was very Close to getting his Autograph but did not.He Signed for A Kid Next to me on Friday Night.

Thanks
                Geoff

Comment

• rj_lucas
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                  Joel - Thanks for the research. I have never seen them break the holograms down like that. So almost 3 dozen balls in total that were game ready.
                  Also be aware that MLB has authenticated 'replica' lineup cards for the game. In the case of the Pirates card, the actual card plus two 'replica' cards are listed in the MLB database.

This is a very unfortunate precedent e.g. last week the Pirates auctioned one of the replica cards, describing it as the game used lineup card with no disclosure of the replica cards.

Authentication of these 'replica' cards is not limited to the Strasburg debut game. I recently encountered another one from the Cardinals/Cubs game played on May 30.

Buyer beware.

MLB, please recognize that practices such as this violate the historic integrity of these events and the artifacts that come out of them.

Rick
                  rickjlucas@gmail.com

Comment

• BaseballGM
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by geoff
                    I was at The Game And Telling my GirlFriend his Jersey will go for like around 5 Grand.She even said but He is not Playing.I told her it does not matter because his Stuff is very Hot right now And People will Pay for his Items.I was very Close to getting his Autograph but did not.He Signed for A Kid Next to me on Friday Night.

Thanks
                    Geoff

Geoff thanks for posting. There have been some rumors flying around that he is not signing for ANYONE, even kids. Glad to hear that is not true.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BaseballGM
                      Geoff thanks for posting. There have been some rumors flying around that he is not signing for ANYONE, even kids. Glad to hear that is not true.
                      Stephen signed a lot in Spring Training. He definitely signed for the kids at Nats Park. I heard the autograph hounds have been staking out the team hotel for him.
                      Regards,
                      Andrew Lang
                      AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                      202-716-8500

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by geoff

Thanks
                        Geoff
                        Ah it brings up the whole what is a game worn jersey debate. It may still have good use though. I reluctantly got a Trevor Hoffman that was worn on a throwback night that he did not pitch and it is covered with dirt. I guess he warmed up in it or something. Maybe for the price the Stratburg buyer will get the same.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                          Ah it brings up the whole what is a game worn jersey debate. It may still have good use though. I reluctantly got a Trevor Hoffman that was worn on a throwback night that he did not pitch and it is covered with dirt. I guess he warmed up in it or something. Maybe for the price the Stratburg buyer will get the same.
                          I have photos of him in the jersey. Not a bit of dirt on it.
                          Regards,
                          Andrew Lang
                          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                          202-716-8500

Comment

• yanks12025
                            • Jan 2006

Not about game used but can you believe people think he deserves to be in the all-star game. I'm sorry but he's only played in acouple games.

Comment

• Manram
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by yanks12025
                              Not about game used but can you believe people think he deserves to be in the all-star game. I'm sorry but he's only played in acouple games.
                              I have to totally agree with you. Pitched in 5 games and been in the league like 35 days. Other people say they want to see him up against the best players in the league, and that he would help the NL win the game. Should he be taking up a roster spot of someone who worked really hard to make the team??? People have mixed feelings about this subject.

Comment

Working...