Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sick of people ruining Ebay

I was wondering if anyone else is encountering the problems with people selling their items before the auction is over. It happened twice to me in the last few days and I am just tired of auctions getting ruined by these morons who cant play by the rules.

Banned

Re: Sick of people ruining Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Drasher99
    I was wondering if anyone else is encountering the problems with people selling their items before the auction is over. It happened twice to me in the last few days and I am just tired of auctions getting ruined by these morons who cant play by the rules.
    What rules are you refering to? Please post a link to where these rules are published.

are the rules which are constantly being broken with people buying the item before the auction ends

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ebay-sale.html

It's pretty obvious what the sellers are doing (in most cases, not all) but eBay gives them the option to end an auction early. They can simply say that the item is no longer for sale, even if it's untrue.

I imagine it's frustrating for people who planned on bidding, but it also takes the fun out of watching. There was a Maurice Lucas ABA jersey up for bid a few days back and I was curious to see what it would fetch. But then I saw that the auction ended early. It allows the seller to avoid fees on the final price and also doesn't allow for an exchange of feedback.

As long as ebay gets some money they don't care about the rules, even theirs. They don't care if you are being ripped off, they don't care if you inform them of somebody trying to sell bogus stuff. They only care about their bottom line.

I actually called them once and before they would even speak to me, they asked, "HOW DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER!!" Now that's someone who really cares about the customer.

Does this policy of ending an auction early apply if someone placed a bid already? I've seen an auction end early when there are no current bidders but if someone places a bid does the auction have to continue?

The seller can simply cancel all the bids first, then end the auction. I think there is also an option to end the auction and sell to the highest bidder.

I'm sure a regular eBay seller would be able to list all the options for ending an auction early. I mostly buy and just sell once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4
    Does this policy of ending an auction early apply if someone placed a bid already? I've seen an auction end early when there are no current bidders but if someone places a bid does the auction have to continue?
    Swoboda,

What sellers will sometimes do is cancel all of the bids and then end the auction early. This way, they are not "locked in" to an agreement with a high bidder (because there end up being no bidders on the auction when it is officially ended).

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I too have been very frustrated with this in the past. I don't understand why ebay doesn't get a little more hard-nosed about cancelling items when a bid has already been placed. It only hurts them too. They still get their listing fees, but don't get a taste of the final percent of the sale.

Banned

Ending an auction early is not ruining eBay. How about the people on eBay who bid on an item and never pay for it? They then leave retaliatory feedback against the seller. To add insult to injury, when the seller tries to get the negative feedback removed, eBay basically says, sorry we can’t help. I have eBay’s 800 number and it’s about as worthless as their feedback policy. So, until eBay changes their policy on non-paying stiffs, if someone contacts me and offers me a Buy It Now price, I certainly would CONSIDER it, at least if they stiff me, I won’t get negative feedback.