Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

NBA Free Agency Final Predictions

Since July 1st and NBA Free Agent madness is finally about here, what are everyone's final predictions on where the big names will go. Here are mine:

Lebron James-Chicago Bulls
    Chris Bosh-Chicago Bulls (Sign and trade with Raptors sends Deng to Toronto)
    Joe Johnson-New York Knicks
    Amare Stoudamire-Miami Heat
    Ray Allen-Miami Heat
    Dirk Nitrowski-Stays in Dallas
    Yao Ming-Stays in Houston
    David Lee-Stays with Knicks

Chris Paul-Traded to New Jersey Nets for Favors and Harris

Re: NBA Free Agency Final Predictions

I'm not following this as much as I should, but when do these free agents have to make their decision on whom to sign with?

Quote Originally Posted by yankees24 View Post
    I'm not following this as much as I should, but when do these free agents have to make their decision on whom to sign with?
    I think they have a while to decide, which is why the NBA has asked LeBron to make his decision asap so the rest of the free agents can follow. No one can officially decide until I think at least the 7th or 8th. I wouldn't count on anything until papers are signed (see Hedo Turkoglu last year). It's a tough call to say who is going where, but I have a feeling the Knicks aren't getting anyone. I just hate to see them blow their money on someone like a Joe Johnson who won't get them much... They finally have some cap room, please don't waste it and turn this into an Allan Houston situation again.

On a side note, I'd love to see Paul and Lopez team up on the Nets.

Legal,

You didn't predict where Wade would go? I'm assuming stay in Miami.

The only thing I can say for certain is that Bosh is gone from Toronto. I am a Raptors fan, so tomorrow will most likely be a sad day. Would be ok if we got Deng in a sign and trade. I am kind of getting the feeling that we will seriously get nothing in return.
    ------------------------------------
    My Blue Jays Collection

I'm not a basketball guy by-far, however I've been following all the FA reports and this is what I would like to see...

LeBron, Wade, and Bosh will end up in Miami. Bosh via sign and trade deal with Toronto.

Shaquille will find a new home in Boston to help replace Perkins.

Joe Johnson and Amar'e will end up as Knicks.

I don't think the Bulls will come up big...perhaps they shape up like the Magic, maintaining a strong under-rated core that can play good basketball. I'd like to see Miami turn I to a mega ultra super fantabulous team landing three (almost like a video game).

Just my thoughts. It'll be interesting in the next 18 hours to see what happens.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vballGuy View Post
    Legal,

The only thing I can say for certain is that Bosh is gone from Toronto. I am a Raptors fan, so tomorrow will most likely be a sad day. Would be ok if we got Deng in a sign and trade. I am kind of getting the feeling that we will seriously get nothing in return.
    Lol yeah my bad missed Wade. Pat Riley is not losing him. Plus Miami has alot of advantages. Florida has NO state income tax which saves a bundle when you earn his kind of numbers. It has good weather year round no blizzards to naviagate through on the way to the Arena and DWade is a young single male and South Beach is a great place to party. Plus Riley would never do a sign and trade so to leave he would cost himself a fortune in taxes and a lesser contract. Plus with the cap room Miami has they can and will lure other players based on Wade's being there.

Raptors will get either Deng or Michael Beasley for Bosh as one of those two teams will land him and Bosh won't leave coin on the table by outright signing elsewhere and why would Raptors let him go for nada? Sign and trades work out great sometimes. The Magic once gave up a young Ben Wallace in a sign and trade for Grant Hill. Wallace won the ring and the Awards in Detriot, Hill missed games like it was his job in Orlando. So Detriot won huge by losing a "star".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Lol. The reason I say he leaves is because his legacy depends on winning a ring and the Cavs have no cap room to add talent and he has gone as far as he is going to go with the current team. In a seven game series the Cavs as currently built will never beat the Lakers or Magic. Trades are out also because who do they have to trade that anyone would want besides James? Anyone want Jamison's contract? Or a 90 year old Shaq? Of the teams with cap room Chicago is the closest to winning. I don't count Miami because Wade is the man there and he has too big of an ego to be a second banana to anyone plus they have already won a title in the Wade era. Plus Lebron is from the midwest and switched his number from 23 so I think that is where he lands.

Quote Originally Posted by vballGuy View Post
    Legal,

Being from Mtl. I too like the Raptors but believe me its time Bosh leaves! If you can lose with him you could lose without him! He has proven that he is a me me guy with his free agency! I am glad to see him go,and believe me he will avg only 15-17 points a game somewhere else!

I think Lebron will end up in New Jersey. He will be playing in Brooklyn in two years and will have an opportunity be the King of New York, expand his popularity and appeal on a global scale via the billionaire owner and Jay-Z. The arena they build will be the "House Lebron Built".

D-wade will stay in Miami where is loyalty ultimately keeps him there. Bosh may tag along with one of them or end up on his own in Chicago via sign and trade.