X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cohibasmoker
    Banned
    • Aug 2005

Re: Question on Chamberlain Jersey

I do NOT know if they actually produced jerseys. Pearson sold blanks of all the team jerseys they provided to various teams in the Philadelphia area. These jerseys just had the team logo on them. In another part of the store, they had a "locked" large display case where they had team jerseys that were numbered and lettered and these jerseys were far and away more expensive than the blanks.

I don't know about the Sixers but I do know the Eagles had blank jerseys. I saw them in Franklin Field and later at the Vet. If they needed a new jersey and they could not cannibalize a jersey (s) from their inventory, they would send a blank jersey (s) out and have the work done locally. Did Pearson's do the work? Can't say.

I posted a ad from a Eagles program from 1966. Note the address.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net
    Attached Files

Comment

• G1X
      • Nov 2005

I will quickly confess that I do not collect basketball jerseys and know absolutely nothing about the sizing of basketball jerseys, but was Wilt wearing a size 44 back in that era?

Mark Hayne
      Gridiron Exchange
      gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for game-worn Atlanta Falcons jerseys, World Football League uniforms, and Darren Lewis and Willie McGee game-used items.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by G1X
        I will quickly confess that I do not collect basketball jerseys and know absolutely nothing about the sizing of basketball jerseys, but was Wilt wearing a size 44 back in that era?
        Wilt wore a a size 40 in the early 1960s. With extra length, although.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
          • Nov 2005

1959, size 40

Comment

• G1X
            • Nov 2005

btph,

Thanks for the jersey size information and photos. Your knowledge and input is always much appreciated.

Mark Hayne
            Gridiron Exchange
            gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for game-worn Atlanta Falcons jerseys, World Football League uniforms, and Darren Lewis and Willie McGee game-used items.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by G1X
              btph,

Thanks for the jersey size information and photos. Your knowledge and input is always much appreciated.

Mark Hayne
              Gridiron Exchange
              gixc@verizon.net

Mark
              That's nice of you to say. I always enjoy your take on football stuff.

Comment

Working...