• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Most insanely priced GU Item Ever!

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
    Move over $20,000 Mark Sanchez: JO is selling a Tim Tebow jersey for $10,000 from the 9-26 game. The only problem is Tebow did not play in the game. So they are essentially selling something that never left the bench for that price. IMO since he did not play its not even a game worn jersey although I know others differ on that point. At least Sanchez played in the game the 20k jersey was from.
    If a player wears the uniform isn't that game used? If they don't get into the game it is tough luck, but game used means a player wore the item for the game, dressed to play in the game?

I would understand concern if he wore the jersey on the sideline, unable to play but still wore his jersey, but he was available to play, right?

Please verify. You make a very bold statement.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
      • Oct 2005

I agree with Eagle (and I think he made his opinion very clear.) To me, if something is to be considered "game used," I think it should have seen actual game action, not riding the pine.

Ken
      earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Comment

• solarlottry
        • Jan 2009

Re: Pro-Cut, Game Issued & Game Ready Jerseys - a Definition

So i the back up QB dresses but doesnt play then his shirt is considered game issued? i personally think that if a player is in uniform and on the sideline for the game, ready to play then the shirt is game used. We all like shirts with great use but if we start saying that the player has to be in the game for at least one play for a shirt to be "game used" then where does it end?

Lets say a player is on the field, in the huddle, for a play but timeout is called and when the next play occurs he is off the field and he never sees the field again for that game-is it game used? He was on the field but didnt "play". I think if a player is in uniform and listed as active then the shirt is game used.

Comment

• trsent
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by solarlottry
          So i the back up QB dresses but doesnt play then his shirt is considered game issued? i personally think that if a player is in uniform and on the sideline for the game, ready to play then the shirt is game used. We all like shirts with great use but if we start saying that the player has to be in the game for at least one play for a shirt to be "game used" then where does it end?

Lets say a player is on the field, in the huddle, for a play but timeout is called and when the next play occurs he is off the field and he never sees the field again for that game-is it game used? He was on the field but didnt "play". I think if a player is in uniform and listed as active then the shirt is game used.
          What people forget is that in baseball, a pitcher can wear a jersey, never get into a game and the jersey is game used. For that matter, a manager wears a jersey and everyone sells the manager's jersey as game used, right?

Comment

• slambam
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
            Move over $20,000 Mark Sanchez: JO is selling a Tim Tebow jersey for $10,000 from the 9-26 game. The only problem is Tebow did not play in the game. So they are essentially selling something that never left the bench for that price. IMO since he did not play its not even a game worn jersey although I know others differ on that point. At least Sanchez played in the game the 20k jersey was from.
            Actually Tebow did play in this game. 2 plays, 1 runs for 2 yards. Not a lot, but he did play.

Comment

• slambam
              • Mar 2009

Ok, excuse me I'm wrong. I just read a previous post about the Tebow jersey from the Jags game which somebody said he didn't play in (which is the game he was in for the two plays) and didn't read this post correctly.

Comment

• josportsco
                Banned
                • Nov 2008

Everyone whom is debating if a player wears a jersey on the sideline and does not see actual game action that that jersey is game use is 100% correct in the eyes of NFL Team uniform guidelines. This counts for any part of the season pre and post. A collector may want to pay a premium for one worn in the actual game and then another premium for one worn in the actual game and sold unwashed. We are spoiled today with the access to "unwashed" game worn memorabilia you can find in the last 10 years. Unwashed was never accessable prior, not saying it didnt exist, it just was not readily available like it is today.

Comment

Working...