Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Reebok EDGE or Reebok Premier Jersey ?? :s

Hey,

I am buying a Hockey jersey online, and there are two types of jerseys, reebok edge and reebok premier. I dont know what the diffrence is , all i know is the edge is more expensive lol, here is what the website says:

This Reebok® EDGE hockey jersey replicates the player worn Pro-cut jersey in fabric, trim and team design. It's made of double knit polyester and has four-way stretch mesh, which provides a balance of ventilation and range of motion in the underarm and back areas. The jersey is designed with a combination of direct embroidery and appliqué twill graphics.

Reebok® Premier jersey is the perfect way to support your favorite team! It's made of polyester two-way stretch pique fabric and has solid mesh inserts for ventilation. The front crest is embroidered just like the authentic jersey, and your personalized name and number in single-layer, screen-printed twill are heat pressed onto the back and sleeves.

So what one is more like the actually jersey the players use? Which one is more authentic ?

Re: Reebok EDGE or Reebok Premier Jersey ?? :s

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymurphy08 View Post
    Hey,

I am buying a Hockey jersey online, and there are two types of jerseys, reebok edge and reebok premier. I dont know what the diffrence is , all i know is the edge is more expensive lol, here is what the website says:

This Reebok® EDGE hockey jersey replicates the player worn Pro-cut jersey in fabric, trim and team design. It's made of double knit polyester and has four-way stretch mesh, which provides a balance of ventilation and range of motion in the underarm and back areas. The jersey is designed with a combination of direct embroidery and appliqué twill graphics.

Reebok® Premier jersey is the perfect way to support your favorite team! It's made of polyester two-way stretch pique fabric and has solid mesh inserts for ventilation. The front crest is embroidered just like the authentic jersey, and your personalized name and number in single-layer, screen-printed twill are heat pressed onto the back and sleeves.

So what one is more like the actually jersey the players use? Which one is more authentic ?
    Edge is the authentic one. Premier is the new replica.

Couple of things of note in the Premier listing "The front crest is embroidered just like the authentic jersey" which I read to mean, it is a replica. Also, all of my game worn hockey jerseys are sewn name and number. Therefore, "name and number in single-layer, screen-printed twill are heat pressed onto the back and sleeves" is replica all the way.

This is how teams like the Islanders can take an order from a fan for a John Tavares jersey before the puck drops and he can pick it up at first intermission. I sure hope the technology has evolved as heat pressing has peeled on all my old football authentics from the early 90's

If you are looking for a non-name number or low popularity player, I would suggest contact Barry at www.MeiGray.com He runs MeiGray which is the company which markets almost half the NHL's teams game worn jerseys. Of course if he doesn't deal with your team, then nevermind.

Worth a look anyway.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com