Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Votto was robbed

Another player that was totally robbed was carlos gonzalez. Michael Bourn made the team over him look at these stats:

Carlos: .297 BA, 14 hr, 51 rbi, 12 sb
    Bourn: .260 BA, 1 hr, 20 rbi, 25 sb

Can someone explain this to me, how bourn got chosen over cargo??????

Every team needs to be represented Manram, so I'm assuming Bourn is the only Astro going to the ASG and I'm also assuming he is the best player Huoston has.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Every team needs to be represented Manram, so I'm assuming Bourn is the only Astro going to the ASG and I'm also assuming he is the best player Huoston has.
    Yeah, i checked and he is the only one for the astros. I just feel why put a player on the roster over another just because his team doesn't have someone good enough to go??

That's why the ASG is a joke. Go figure, the Padres have the best pitching staff in the game, and not one pitcher is going to the ASG. Latos, Richard, Gregerson, and Bell are all worthy of a roster spot. Bell is the only one that can get in. It also shows that fans love to vote for big names like Mauer got the most votes out of everyone. Mauer is a great player, but his numbers are way down this season and should not have received the most votes. I can't stand the game, and never bother to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Votto got tossed in the first inning of the game today, think he took the voting a little hard.

VOTE VOTTO.
    Does this mean his streak of consecutive games reaching base is over? He may have just screwed himself...

But that won't stop me from voting for him. He LEADS THE LEAGUE IN OPS !!
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Guys seriously,we have this come up every baseball all star game.Its not about who's better,it's about who's better known.They want to say the game if for the fans.So in saying that and doing that.Its not about who's having the best season.Its about who's most popular and basically who fans vote more.People who know nothing about baseball that go to games and vote.Just vote for people they have heard of.And that's why players like votto don;t get voted in.Its a popularity contest.And voted on by people that have little knowledge about the game and the players.They are voting for either thier own team,or players they have seen on comercials or have heard of.And all all star games are a joke anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Guys seriously,we have this come up every baseball all star game.Its not about who's better,it's about who's better known.They want to say the game if for the fans.So in saying that and doing that.Its not about who's having the best season.Its about who's most popular and basically who fans vote more.People who know nothing about baseball that go to games and vote.Just vote for people they have heard of.And that's why players like votto don;t get voted in.Its a popularity contest.And voted on by people that have little knowledge about the game and the players.They are voting for either thier own team,or players they have seen on comercials or have heard of.And all all star games are a joke anyway.
    It is a joke of a game - And the system for selecting players is filled with geographic bias and numerous other imperfections. But it is still an honor to be selected. And people still care about their player's being recognized. And the Hall of Fame voters consider that among the primary accomplishments on a player's Hall worthiness. So a selection is not a meaningless discussion. It means a lot to the players and to the fans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    I have to agree with you on most of that, Joba. Most fans at games don't know diddlysquat about anything other than the biggest stars (like Howard) and are greeted with team promotions of "Vote for your favorite (insert team name here)", or "Vote for our guys."...even if your "guy" is hitting just above the Mendoza Line.

Baseball wants to have its cake and eat i,t too. The current setup is ridiculous. If you want it to be "the fans' game", then eliminate the World Series home field advantage incentive. If you want to keep the Series home edge as a prize, then turn all selections over to the players, coaches, and managers...people who actually KNOW what they're doing.

Dave Miedema

Votto homered in his first at bat against New York!

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    It is a joke of a game - And the system for selecting players is filled with geographic bias and numerous other imperfections. But it is still an honor to be selected. And people still care about their player's being recognized. And the Hall of Fame voters consider that among the primary accomplishments on a player's Hall worthiness. So a selection is not a meaningless discussion. It means a lot to the players and to the fans.

No more calls, we have a winner. Anytime someone wants to dispute that ASG appearances are meaningless and should be ignored by HOF voters, this post should be quoted.

All Star games should be played after the season, if at all. It should be like high school sports, you are elected All American but never play anything, it is simply a huge honor. Fans should have nothing to do with it, just Players and Managers voting who was the best player they saw that season.

Then again, maybe there should be a panel of long time fans who can have a say. Like Stump the Schwab type thing. Before the season you can apply to be on the panel and the top 10% who demonstrate they understand and follow MLB can vote. Bertha Fatbottom and her 4 stupid brats who spend the entire game filling out those cards for all the guys with cute butts would no longer affect common sense.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com