Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Votto was robbed

Can anyone explain how the H@LL does Ryan Howard get put in over Votto, I'll tell you CHARLIE MANUEL! What a travesty, I know the starters are only a popularity contest but come one.

Votto .313 AVG, 19 HR, 57 RBI, 7 SB, 46 BB
    Howard .296, 15 HR, 58 RBI, 0 SB, 26 BB

At least Votto is a candidate for the final vote, please help me vote to right a horrible wrong!

Miguel Olivo was robbed

Miguel Olivo was robbed

McCann .261/.379/.435 9HR 33RBI 29% caught stealing
    Olivo .308/.365/.540 11HR 39RBI 52% caught stealing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

Angry Re: Votto was robbed

Quote Originally Posted by justinwc80 View Post
    Can anyone explain how the H@LL does Ryan Howard get put in over Votto, I'll tell you CHARLIE MANUEL! What a travesty, I know the starters are only a popularity contest but come one.

Votto .313 AVG, 19 HR, 57 RBI, 7 SB, 46 BB
    Howard .296, 15 HR, 58 RBI, 0 SB, 26 BB

At least Votto is a candidate for the final vote, please help me vote to right a horrible wrong!
    I can sympathize...Votto is my favorite Red, aside from manager Dusty Baker...count on me to vote Votto when I see the final vote link on MLB.com.

Dave Miedema

Re: Votto was robbed

Votto is having a great season, but he is playing THE DEEPEST position in MLB....Players are robbed every season....and Manuel is doing nothing more than any other manager would in his position....take his own player when given the choice....(remember when Torre selected half the yanks one year?!?!?!?) and why not? the stupid rule of homefield in the world series....Charlie should pick who he wants....it cost the phillies home field two straight years....maybe not last year, think the yanks had a better record, but if they alternated each year, than the phils would def have had home field at least one of those series...

and I may be biased because im a phillie fan, but outside of cincy, i would suggest that most fans would rather have Howard on their team than Votto....not saying that Votto isnt good heading toward great, but just my two cents...

Re: Miguel Olivo was robbed

maybe Charlie is trying to tire the Braves out by not giving them a break !
    lol !

and one more side note votto / howard....i think it is safe to say that Howard is a bigger draw right now too....I would have to think MLB would rather have Howard in the game....

A Toronto guy and a hellava player...vote for Votto here:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_st...015&cme=145739
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Votto got tossed in the first inning of the game today, think he took the voting a little hard.

VOTE VOTTO.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Banned

He got screwed. This guy is having a great season. My guess is they will find a way to get him on the team.

Every year, at least 3 guys who should be there stay home. Joey Votto, 2010 was your season.

Charlie Manuel picked Omar Infante. I love the kid but an All Star? (Here's why) Before the fights break out, I think he is the best utility infielder in the NL. He always seems to come off the bench and get the key hit. He can play any infield position. And as Manuel said "The kid plays amazing small ball and that is what we need to win"

On a side note, color me tickled pink that the best second baseman in the NL gets to start the All Star game. Martin Prado has been the difference in the NL East. Considering how important home field advantage will be in the World Series, I'm glad our best player gets to insure Turner Field gets it.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com